Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bryan hughes is set to sign for..

hull city on a 2 year deal. (according to ssn)

Comments

• Options
    shame, and i'm being sincere there, think he would do well for us in the CCC
  • Options
    pleased. another one off the wage bill. Remember he signed on a free, so likely to be on better wages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]pleased. another one off the wage bill. Remember he signed on a free, so likely to be on better wages.
    One less central midfielder though, we are seriously lacking, i just hope we have a few things in the pipeline
  • Options
    This is his level, in the league where he gained a formidable reputation.
    He might have just touched 31, but with his experience, creative & goalscoring ability, he's just what we need.

His value to the team is now, in the CCC.

We should never be letting him go this year - if we are not re-signing him, he'll cost far more to replace.
  • Options
    His old wages were already off the wage bill weren't they, he was out of contract I think.
    So the wages he was offered for a new contract would presumably have been at a realistic level.
    I think it is a shame he is gone because I am confident that he will be an excellent player at this level, sure he'll do great at Hull.
  • Options
    true, fair point SS.

I honestly believe we can get better value elsewhere though.
  • Options
    maybe we've replaced him already Oggy???? the 1st July gets ever closer! i would have kept him but he's probably on a big wage and i think we were only offering a one year deal.
  • Options
    Good point, Mart.....maybe we have already replaced him.

As a family man of 31 years old, he would be looking for something more secure than a 1 year deal, if that's all we have offered him - and on CCC wages.

If Hull have offered him a 3 year deal, generous signing on fee and top of their wage structure (plus as an ex-Prem high profile player, he would be the big fish in their pond) - then maybe that is the security he needs to look for.
  • Options
    mixed feelings about him at this level, better if we have some decent replacements lined up.
  • Options
    Hopefully Matt Holland will sing for one more year, his standing in the game is such that he knows he can more or less walk into another contract somewhere very easily next year. Hughes doesn't have that level of security and he will understandably be looking to get security via a longer contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Hopefully Matt Holland will sing for one more year.

What will he sing? Old Matt Holland had a farm
  • Options
    Best news I've heard for a long time.

I nearly dislike him more than MBent.
  • Options
    Very happy for him to be on his way. Never convinced. Just hope we hurry up and sign some decent midfield replacements!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Hopefully Matt Holland will sing for one more year.

What will he sing? Old Matt Holland had a farm
    Oi!