Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sunderland Play-off Final @ Wembley 26/5/2019 MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Sunderland have got fuck all up front, we will take them second half
  • Options
    I couldn't wait for the halftime whistle. We sat too deep in the last 15 minutes or so and I was so worried. Hopefully we'll be playing like in those 10 minutes leading up to our goal then I'm confident we'll win.
  • Options
    I'm not one of the Sarr-bashers but I think Lord Bowyer has to make a change a half-time and bring on Pearce.

Not because I think BeckenSarr is a liability but the Sunderland players have shown themselves to be a bit precious when challenged, going down far too easily, and I don't trust the ref not to give another yellow.
    The expression you're looking for is Dirty Diving Northern Bastards
  • Options
    Think more blame has to work with Dillon for that goal. Goes right under his foot. I'd still take Sarr off though, or he's getting a red
  • Options
    Pearce for Sarr

Game is there if you want it bowyer.
  • Options
    We’ve shaded it and 1-0 would have been fair. Think we can do it in the second half. COYR!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Sunderland have got fuck all up front, we will take them second half
    We have to get the ball off their midfield first. 
  • Options
    We have 3 x Centre Backs marking 1 x Centre Forward. Sarr is a red card waiting to happen. Not his fault. Sunderland are working on isolating him as the left centre back. Need to go back to the 4-4-2 Diamond. Sunderland are their usual 4-4-1-1. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @BrentfordAddick regards to the 530 block. What's the view like from up there?
  • Options
    Some intelligent comments on here at half time. I’m just wracking my brains for a different intelligent comment so that I get a few likes.
    Have a lol instead.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Some intelligent comments on here at half time. I’m just wracking my brains for a different intelligent comment so that I get a few likes.
    “Flag” ;)
  • Options
    Love the view from here, near the front. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Very much like me to say this but Sarr has defended OK apart from the yellow. He's been a bit isolated but gotten some good tackles and headers in.

I would consider taking him off but only because of the yellow card. I don't think he's been that bad otherwise. The own goal was on Phillips but mostly just one of those things 
    Phillips should’ve done better I agree but that was a horrible pass to revive. Slightly too hard and Slightly too wide. You don’t do that 5 minutes in.
  • Options
    Whoop. Silly own go which I missed, but we've been better... Though as soon as we scored they started playing. The scene is set and the atmosphere is electric
  • Options
    We just need to go out and play our game now 442 diamond. Quick 2 goals then see it out. 
  • Options
    More gutting than their freak goal was my brother meeting my hero and I didn't! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ridiculous that Sarr got a yellow when there’s been similar fouls by Cattermole et al on a few occasions gone unpunished. Bowyer was clearly not happy with it either. 

They are throwing themselves around. But imo we are playing the better football. 
    Sarr off. Pearce on and go 4-4-2 for me. 
  • Options
    Anyone else in 544 join the party
  • Options
    Not quite how we planned it.

One bit of quality gives us the goal.

Seriously don’t agree with five at the back, we’re getting overrun when they have the ball in midfield. 
  • Options
    I'm not one of the Sarr-bashers but I think Lord Bowyer has to make a change a half-time and bring on Pearce.

Not because I think BeckenSarr is a liability but the Sunderland players have shown themselves to be a bit precious when challenged, going down far too easily, and I don't trust the ref not to give another yellow.
    Another reason why the Sunderland players may have been targetting The Enforcer ...

It was his (legal) challenge in the first minute that removed the Power from Max. That might not have gone down too well with the soft Wearsiders.
  • Options
    Immense Charlton presence here. Far more of us than them. We just need to play our natural game and stay calm on the ball. Come on Charlton!!
  • Options
    Jason Pearce on for Sarr
  • Options
    Pearce on for Sarr

• Options
    Shit up and kiss that team 
  • Options
    Shut...
  • Options
    Pearce is on. Bowyer not stupid 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!