Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Back to Business. The future of Charlton Athletic.

1st of all, I would just like to say that this afternoon's game is one that will very much live long in the memory. It will be timeless and it won't ever be forgotten about. 

The way we won. The 90 minute drama as a whole was just quite remarkle. Perhaps it still hasn't actually fully sunk in yet. 

The 2019/2020 championship season fixture releases will actually be exciting to hear about again.
Leeds, Fulham, QPR, Millwall, Boro to name a few, plus many more.

We still have some more celebrating to do. We have more clips to see. More discussions and ways to relive it.

I went to the game with my Dad.

Just how anything can be for anyone and for different reasons.
We've had a strange year.

What happened today. It was the perfect way to end the season. We couldn't have asked for anymore. Emotionally....It just couldn't have happened at a better time.
We needed this.

Lee Bowyer is a man's man. He is honest. He's a laugh and he's down to earth. Sometimes, that is all you really actually need to be.

He loves football. It appears that he now, more so then ever, loves Charlton Athletic.

Only saying this because I care. We can not ignore the extreme amount of uncertainties that currently surround the club at the moment.

We can really enjoy this but soon enough, it is just going to be back down to business. 

The contracts situation....of many of our players, is just beyond ludicrous.

We need signatures.

We need to stay in the championship and be able to survive. The club has a soul. An internal never say die attitude. A constant will to survive....even when we're getting trodden on. 

If we are to survive in the 2019/20 season, we can only do it if Bowyer and Jackson stay. 

We can not have any other manager. Nothing else would work.

It actually 100% has to be Bowyer and Jackson.

We need the majority of our players that wore the shirt this afternoon.... to stay at the club!

We need a peaceful takeover of this club. They need to offer our current owner....a lot of money. They need to be fit and proper. They need to allow us to have a clear and solid future of reasonable and realistic ambition....where hopefully, you just mostly let the football do the talking.

We don't want it to be about the suites.

We need to start preparing for the championship as soon as we can.

The work starts now.

I'm 100% fine with already being an overly serious boring bastard about this.

It's neccessary.

Comments

• Options
    I really don't think the contracts situation is as bad as made out to be. Had we lost then it would have been a disaster all those players able to leave on a free.

But that said in truth only Aribo, Bauer and Djiksteel are first team players out of contract that we need to try and get signed up.

The rest of them - Fosu, Marshall, Parker, Williams, JFC, Maynard-Brewer, Ajose, Reeves, Vetokele and anyone else I've forgotten about have to ask themselves have they done enough to earn themselves a new contract? We are in the driving seat with these players as they are not going to get offers from Championship clubs.

I would say only Aribo, Bauer, Djiksteel and Williams have earned the right to be offered new deals, Vetokele possibly but if the rest all leave I really wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Bowyer, JJ and Gallen have already been planning for next season and letting all those players go will free up a lot of room in the wage budget - though the key of course is how much of a budget will be given for next season.
  • Options
    Not for today mate. Today is for Charlton supporters behind their side to celebrate 

And you can’t be behind the side and want Roland Out?
  • Options
    For another day, let's see what happens with Bowyer first. Let's enjoy an amazing day and win.
  • Options
    Totally agree for me it's a necessity to tie down bauer, aribo, William's & dijksteel. I'd also keep Igor, JFC, Maynard brewer and possibly Reeves. The others I'd say thanks and goodbye.

Most importantly as with the first 4, we have to do what we can to get bielik and Cullen back, I'd be happy with purrington but I think he is more replaceable than the others. 

Fosu, Marshall & parker haven't done anything for me that says we keep them.
  • Options
    Martin - while I agree with you in a normal promotion situation, this summer will be anything but normal.  RD will not have much of a transfer budget if he is trying to sell and with the exception of Taylor,  our best players are free agents or returning to parent club (Cullen, aribo, bielik, Bauer, purrington).  Most of the quality purchases/free agent purchases will occur before any sale of the club realistically can occur.  Oh and our manager isn’t inked for next year yet.  I just hope we can cobble something together until a new owner can come in
  • Options
    I have to agree with some of the above. I guess it is mixed.emotions.

I suggest only reading the likes of this thread or something similar "when you are ready"

Which might be never at all!

• Options
    I really don't think the contracts situation is as bad as made out to be. Had we lost then it would have been a disaster all those players able to leave on a free.

But that said in truth only Aribo, Bauer and Djiksteel are first team players out of contract that we need to try and get signed up.

The rest of them - Fosu, Marshall, Parker, Williams, JFC, Maynard-Brewer, Ajose, Reeves, Vetokele and anyone else I've forgotten about have to ask themselves have they done enough to earn themselves a new contract? We are in the driving seat with these players as they are not going to get offers from Championship clubs.

I would say only Aribo, Bauer, Djiksteel and Williams have earned the right to be offered new deals, Vetokele possibly but if the rest all leave I really wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Bowyer, JJ and Gallen have already been planning for next season and letting all those players go will free up a lot of room in the wage budget - though the key of course is how much of a budget will be given for next season.
    Igor would probably only be worth it if he agreed a pay as you play deal.

JFC is worth a new contract i think. 1 year deal to see if he's over his injury with a 1 year extension if he plays x amount of games.
  • Options
    If we get (a decent) new owner in then the contract situation could be to our advantage. 

Losing Aribo, Bauer and Djiksteel would be tough but we would be able to let a lot of players go who realistically aren’t going to be good enough to step up to the Championship which is a huge step in quality from the pub league we’ve been playing in for the last three years.
  • Options

Igor would probably only be worth it if he agreed a pay as you play deal.

JFC is worth a new contract i think. 1 year deal to see if he's over his injury with a 1 year extension if he plays x amount of games.
    Yes I forgot to mention JFC but he needs to show he can still do it on the pitch and not go the way of Billy Clarke.