Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dear Deidre (Charlton Life)

Dear Deidre (Charlton life).

I am having a bit of a dilemma with an old friend and self professed Charlton fan. You see I have known him for 22 years since we were 5, but since we got a a flat in SW London 18 months ago, he has slowly had his head turned to Rugby? 

For years growing up we played football in the park, swapped footy stickers in the playground and screamed Red Army in the stands.

It started off harmless enough, subtle digs made about footballers compared to rugby players, donning a hackett polo shirt with the collars up.

But last week, I knew it had got serious, as when our other flatmate had sorted the tickets to Wembley, he quipped “Sorry lads ive already got tickets to the Super 7”....

At first I thought it was a joke, a bit of banter, having a giggle....But no, as we made our way to Wembley yesterday, he was swigging sturdy Ale with his work friends discussing the EU at the Rugby.

I love my friend Deidre (Charlton Life), but there is only so much I can take, I spoke to my letting agent and he said that getting into rugby is not a sufficient reason to evict him. I spoke to the Vet who put down my beloved Oscar back in December, but she said that she only euthanises animals. I tried to have him sectioned 2 weeks ago but he talked his way out of that one.

This morning as I stumbled out of bed, to quench the thirst of my hangover, he was making his way out the door dressed head to toe in lycra for “A morning ride”.

I need some advice Deidre (Charlton Life).

Comments