Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we be 'stuck' with Benty ??

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Spurs are now interested in Alan Smith. Mido's near 4m move to Fulham has collapsed due to his wage demands. Spurs won't agree the fee we require for Benty. Liverpool seem unwilling to go anywhere near 15m. Unless Arsenal show an interest will we be stuck with Benty. If so then great from the football point of view BUT it's plainly obvious that from a financial point of view we are desperate to cash in now. Benty staying could have serious financial repercussions and will halt Pards rebuilding full stop. Are we in danger of having to let him go on the cheap, ie 12m just so we don't go into financial meltdown. We could live to regret him turning down West Ham however much that may have pleased us. I'm worried. Do I have cause to be ??

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal will not spend all of their Henry transfer fund on Bent when they have V.Persie, Adebayor, Bendtner, Walcott.

He may be here start of the season but i can still see him going before 31st August for around 12-14m.

I'd only be concerned if he stayed and we didnt look like going up. If we go straight back up i don't think there is a problem.

Big if though.
  • Options
    yes but the problem is if he stays then Pards has no more money to spend and we havn't got a midfield.
  • Options
    the club are still spending money though at the moment without the Bent sale. maybe think they can afford to get into a bit of debt - they will be sticking the financial future of the club on the line but is it worth it if we go up straight away?
  • Options
    Over on cafc babes apparently done deal 16million to the spuds, don't know if its true but it seems like a likely scenario
  • Options
    somebody is bound to blink first between now and the end of august but, in the unlikely scenario that they dont, 20 goals in the championship/carling cup by darren bent coupled with the january panic will no doubt see him moving on then for around £22m...
  • Options
    I wouldn't understand Spurs signing Alan Smith, they already have three better strikers.

To be honest I don't understand why they are prepared to spend a lot on Dazza - he is a class player and worth it in my book, but Spurs arguably have the best strike-force in the country, so you'd expect their priorities to be elswhere. Liverpool and Arsenal are in greater need of a goal scoring striker.
  • Options
    even with a successful season, this is the maximum we would get for him. But there are far worse players we could get stuck with.

I thought it was a 'done deal' about 4 days ago, maybe not the case. But in general, the market won't really get going until it rolls into July.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]somebody is bound to blink first between now and the end of august but, in the unlikely scenario that they dont, 20 goals in the championship/carling cup by darren bent coupled with the january panic will no doubt see him moving on then for around £22m...

£22m! The minute he plays in the championship his value will drop
  • Options
    48hrs until £14M deal - and Spurs to sign Alan Smith too ????
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=464431&in_page_id=1779
  • Options
    If they go for Alan Smith as well why would Benty go there?

I just don;t understand a player willing to rotate.

Spurs will be fighting on four fronts and Jol WILL rotate, surely Benty will want to play every week which he wont get at Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool.

he should have gone to West Ham (or stay with us)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some one must have bents phone number surley.....
    give him a call and find out whats really going on
    the bloody suspense is killing me
  • Options
    Spurs are relying on the fact that DB wants to join them and hope that he gets frustrated enough to put in a transfer request a la Scott Parker therefore near enough forcing us to accept their paltry offer or risk holding onto a very unhappy Darren Bent...I can see it coming.
  • Options
    Arsenal need a 20 goal man and none of those mentioned are that. Also I wonder if he has a loyalty bonus, which he would lose if he handed in a transfer request?
  • Options
    Charlton refuse to bend on Bent fee :
    http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/coca_cola/article2714049.ece
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Arsenal need a 20 goal man and none of those mentioned are that. Also I wonder if he has a loyalty bonus, which he would lose if he handed in a transfer request?

I think that's the case with most players' contracts - if the club sell you against your wishes, you get compensated, if you ask to go, you get nothing (except a nice fat signing fee from the new club).