Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Rumours

Comments

• Options
    McLaughlin or tunnicliffe my bets 
  • Options
    Looks like Ben Amos is out of contract at Bolton
  • Options
    Not a don’t a rumour but what was the name of the guy that we had on trial all of last pre season. Winger from derby?
    Simon Dawkins, released by Ipswich
  • Options
    Similar boat to Williams, been earning a crust we can't afford or get near and would have to accept vastly reduced terms to join us. 
  • Options
    Billy Bonds anybody - getting on a bit but big Charlton fan, just like that other west ham hero, Bobby Moore.
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    Cant be Mclaughlin surely! RB is just about the only position where we are well covered!
  • Options
    Not a don’t a rumour but what was the name of the guy that we had on trial all of last pre season. Winger from derby?
    Rohan Ince
  • Options
    Not out of contract, just out of favour. Part of the issue will be a fee if required
  • Options
    Joe Wicks? Isn’t he a chef? 
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    McLaughlin is a right-back, we've got two of those.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    dmjn said:
    Reminds me of the game where we had 4 left backs in the match day squad. 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Joe Wicks? Isn’t he a chef? 
    Our female fans will be happy if he signs  :)
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    Cant be Mclaughlin surely! RB is just about the only position where we are well covered!
    Sell dijksteel keep Solly get him on a free. Perfect Roland idea 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Simon Dawkins
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Wouldn't mind the feelers out on semi Ajayi at Rotherham, not sure of his contract expiry or indeed his worth  but know their family were from the area.

We had him in our development squad for ages, not sure if we burnt bridges or of he left amicably, didn't he end up at Arsenal right after us?
    If I remember rightly, we offered him a 6-month contract and he wanted longer, so he left
  • Options
    Just heard from a Sunderland supporting mate that they're close to signing Curtis Nelson which is a shame for us because I really rate the lad 
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind the feelers out on semi Ajayi at Rotherham, not sure of his contract expiry or indeed his worth  but know their family were from the area.

Would be a cracking signing, utility player who can play as a centre half or a defensive mid who chipped in with 7 goals last season and minimal bookings for how many games he played and being in a poor side. Unfortunately though not a chance, after his goal return has a lot of championship admirers who can afford him probably whereas we can't. Contract isn't up for another year and I think the Rotherham chairman is on record saying he wouldn't go for less than a 7 figure fee. 

Along with Will Vaulks those are the two players most Rotherham fans are resigned to losing. Similar for us with Aribo and Bauer. 
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    I think there is going to be a real sense of doom and gloom returning among the fan base once the potential in-comings start to manifest themselves. I'm hearing that an "out of favour" from a less than friendly neighbour and last season struggling Championship side could be one of the first over the line  - huh!
    Bowyer/Gallen/Jacko will make the best of what they will have to work with and the positivity that Bowyes breathes will continue. I doubt it will be enough however to avoid a season of struggle. 

Joe Wicks ... wasn’t he in East Enders
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Just heard from a Sunderland supporting mate that they're close to signing Curtis Nelson which is a shame for us because I really rate the lad 
    That means he is only League One standard  :)
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Better defensively than Sarr. Better on the ball than Pearce.

Very Good signing at league one level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think pretty much their entire squad is out of contract. I'm sure i read that something like 20 players were due to leave, as well as a couple of players who had given notice to terminate their contracts after not being paid for so long.

• Options
    Seen Curtis Nelson being mentioned a few times and that would be a very good signing. Bit of a leader and popped up with 4 goals last season, think it was him who scored the belter of a half volley against us at their place. The exact type of player we should be in for and I would like to think he's in their plans 
  • Options
    I think pretty much their entire squad is out of contract. I'm sure i read that something like 20 players were due to leave, as well as a couple of players who had given notice to terminate their contracts after not being paid for so long.

Sounds familiar that, hmmmm 
  • Options

They are in a much worse position than us. 
  • Options

Exactly. A lower division, in administration, starting next season on -12 points and only about 4-5 players under contract. It doesn't actually get much worse than it is for Bolton right now.
  • Options

Exactly. A lower division, in administration, starting next season on -12 points and only about 4-5 players under contract. It doesn't actually get much worse than it is for Bolton right now.
    Is Magennis one of the few remaining players? Having to hang your hat on Big Josh for goals would make it worse 😁 
  • Options

true just saying it sounded similar, we are in a slightly better boat but still we have no reassurance under the current ownership it will be better this year (in terms of recruitment, sort contracts out) 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Ferryman said:
    dmjn said:
    Ferryman said:
    dmjn said:
    Happy days.

Happy days.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Obviously not a rumour but jesus. Salford still up to it in league 2. Could be some value in backing them for promotion 

Apparently he rejected a new deal with Rotherham over wage demands. So basically Salford are now more appealing than a recent championship team. Massive coup for them in league2 
  • Options
    Someone I know just bumped into Bradley Dack around this area