Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The best thing about Sunday for me was.......

Other than the 94th minute winner, seeing some old mates and faces before and after the game, getting that bug back for Charlton after feeling like it had been sucked out of me with all the BS that has come down from above over the past few years, promotion back to the Championship etc but that wasn't the best thing for me...... 

My daughter (some of you have met her) is a dyed in the wool Addick and used to be a ST holder alongside myself and Dad, however, my son (now 11) has never had Charlton get under his skin and has even turned around to me before and said "Daddy. Why do I have to support Charlton? They're rubbish". 

But after the events on Sunday I looked at him and saw that he had that buzz that only a game like that can provide and it seemed he'd been bitten, so I asked him "So, Fraser. Still don't want to be a Charlton fan?". "No Daddy, I'm a Charlton fan now". 

And for me, that was the best thing that could have happened on Sunday. 

Comments

• Love it...
  • Redhenry said:
    I was interviewed by @LouisMend on Wembley way, I mentioned being with my boy Henry but unfortunately my Dad wasn't with us, this suddenly brought a tear to my eye. I have enjoyed some great days with my son this season. Make the most of it.
    Rather poignantly we had an empty seat next to us where my Dad would/should have been. 
  • Redhenry said:
    I was interviewed by @LouisMend on Wembley way, I mentioned being with my boy Henry but unfortunately my Dad wasn't with us, this suddenly brought a tear to my eye. I have enjoyed some great days with my son this season. Make the most of it.
    Rather poignantly we had an empty seat next to us where my Dad would/should have been. 
    I thought about your dad on Sunday mate, that would have been so far up his alley. All of it

Unfortunately you are now relegated to my 4th favourite in the family behind ledge, your daughter and now son as well. And if I ever meet your wife probably 5th! 

We will get them days back mate, the fun ones, loved the pictures of Sunday 
  • Carter said:
    Redhenry said:
    I thought about your dad on Sunday mate, that would have been so far up his alley. All of it

Unfortunately you are now relegated to my 4th favourite in the family behind ledge, your daughter and now son as well. And if I ever meet your wife probably 5th! 

We will get them days back mate, the fun ones, loved the pictures of Sunday 
    Thanks, I think ;)
  • Redhenry said:
    Nice to put a face to the username mate, was a great interview and it made the cut - was played on BBC London about ten minutes before kick off. 
  • edited May 2019
    For once feeling that we would come out on top. No idea why but I always thought we would win. Most unusual for me. Made watching the game far more enjoyable than my usual bag of jangling nerves.
  • LouisMend said:
    Redhenry said:
    Nice to put a face to the username mate, was a great interview and it made the cut - was played on BBC London about ten minutes before kick off. 
    Thanks @LouisMend
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:
    Watching Charlton at Wembley with two of my three lads Sam and Danny. The third one, I can't seem to remember his name, was at a festival. ;o)

Also I think we may have our Charlton back.

Similar - my eldest was at 'We are' festival or whatever at Upminster yesterday - 5 years ago he would come back from matches and literally spend 2 hours re playing the afternoons songs by using the arms of the settee - he was that into it and said he didn't care about doing well in his exams - all he needed in life was enough for a Charlton season ticket. It was the powell promotion season that completely hooked him and Yann was his hero but 3 years of dross under RD and he packed it in and i couldn't blame him. He went last Friday and was gutted to miss Saturday and reckon he could be on his way back to join the 'Bowyer Journey'. My youngest is now my dad's current favourite as him and his mates are hardcore home and away. My nephew went yesterday again as well. Its the promotion seasons that really hook you in - mine was 85/86 - i would go before then but that seen hooked me -  and I've never recovered.      
  • The noise. And more importantly The numbers, and especially the younger fraternity.

I’ll  be honest. I thought we were going to struggle this season. I thought the Duchatelet years were slowly killing this club and if we have much more of them there will be nothing left.

Sunday blew that thought into oblivion!

No matter how hard it gets. No matter how much shit is slung our way.We will NEVER die.
  • edited May 2019
    Being there with all the family apart from my brother who couldn’t make it. Mum and sister hadn’t been since a similar game back in ‘98......
  • WINNING !!!