Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Semedo signs

2»

Comments

• Options
    skysports.com linked Semedo with a move to Chelsea, yesterday - go to his player page at that site.

Sounds like another decent signing by the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Back four would be

New RB McCarthy Bougherra Thatcher

Won't it? two hard nuts, one player comfy on the ball

Don't forget that Bougy can play in midfield. Maybe thats whats in mind for him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]skysports.com linked Semedo with a move to Chelsea, yesterday - go to his player page at that site.

Sounds like another decent signing by the club.

I think they may be two different players as one is said to be 20 and playing for Vitoria Guimaraes while our Semedo is 22 and came from Sporting Lisbon
  • Options
    22 and never played one game for Sporting ? Bit odd ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]22 and never played one game for Sporting ? Bit odd ?

Agree but has been out on loan alot as well as playing in the national age group teams.

Can't see him getting in the team ahead of Gibbs anyway : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I think they may be two different players as one is said to be 20 and playing for Vitoria Guimaraes while our Semedo is 22 and came from Sporting Lisbon

D'oh.. I hadn't noticed that.

I blame skysports for listing the Chelsea story on our players page.
  • Options
    i read this review and it makes him sound evem more promising than i hoped.

the next desailly?
  • Options
    That report sounds prmising but he never played for Sporting and when he went to Cagliari on loan last season he didn't play a game until April so he can't be that good. However neither are we so i'll give him a chance!
  • Options
    “I am very happy, because I have always enjoyed English football,” Semedo told Maisfutebol of the move.

“Charlton have been showing interest in signing me for three months. I am going to do everything to help the club reach its objective, which is to fight to return to the top flight.”

However, Semedo has admitted that he hopes to use the London club as a stepping-stone to move to a bigger English team. “I hope to adapt well, show some good form and move to a bigger club in England,” he said.
  • Options
    Rommedahl said that too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]“I am very happy, because I have always enjoyed English football,” Semedo told Maisfutebol of the move.

“Charlton have been showing interest in signing me for three months. I am going to do everything to help the club reach its objective, which is to fight to return to the top flight.”

However, Semedo has admitted that he hopes to use the London club as a stepping-stone to move to a bigger English team. “I hope to adapt well, show some good form and move to a bigger club in England,” he said.

Well at least he's honest. Better than "I've always wanted to play for Charlton".

Let's hope he's good enough to play for a bigger club so we can either be that club in the prem or sell him on for a profit.
  • Options
    Charlton? I bet he thought he was signing for Chelsea. ;-)