Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Metallica - 8th July

Anyone else going to see Metallica on the 8th? I know of two people from here that are, that must be others with a decent taste in music! ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Never seen them but I must admit that I like some of their more mainstream stuff, the rest is a little too heavy for me.

Wolfmother are my band of the moment
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Anyone else going to see Metallica on the 8th? I know of two people from here that are, that must be others with a decent taste in music! ;-)
    LOL - since they haven't put out a decent album in fifteen years I'll take that with a pinch of salt...

On the other hand, Obituary are playing the Underworld on the 5th... now THAT is a metal gig worth going to :)
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Think the girly has us tickets for that, I love the underground, one of my favourite venues.
  • Options
    I went to see Metallica at Milton Keynes back in something like 1993. It was an unbelievable gig. I remember they did "One" as an encore and it was like being in a war zone what with the sound of helicopters and the pyro going off everywhere. Mental.

I got involved in a little "altercation" at the cab rank afterwards and ended up doing something that ranks right up there in my top 5 of "things I'm not proud to have done".

Haven't bought any of their stuff since the "black" album though.
  • Options
    I'm going on the sunday. is that the 8th?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I'm going on the sunday. is that the 8th?

Yah, it's now also the only date, they where supposed to be playing 3 days, cut it down to just the Sunday for some strange reason.
  • Options
    shame, its work the next day, oh well, should be a good'un.

quite a few of us going, me, les, dad, brother, mates etc.

also people from my work, older blokes going to rock out!