Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What was it that made our Play Off Final so memorable ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    It has just passed ten years since my cardiac arrest, my journey has been,  er  difficult,  watching Charlton win at Wembley (again) with my son and friends was something special. 
    For those of us getting on a bit, you can't help wondering if you'll ever experience anything like it again.
    Sorry to pass on the sad news, you and I won't  :'( 

Because will get promoted in 2nd place to the Premier :)

Nice one cobber!
  • Options
    winning !!
  • Options
    I have four abiding memories. The first is of feeling a little disappointed at the wembley way walk and experience as it all seemed a little plastic and you can barely see Wembley now for nearby developments. The second was my utter deflation at the own goal. I have a lot of stuff going on at the moment in life and it just felt like yet another kick in the balls. It took me until half time to get out of my own arse. The third was just the utter elation at the goal and the final whistle. The most compelling drama and total meltdown. Tears and hugs and just absolute mayhem. What a way to win. The fourth was our post match celebration. We were up for a party but the queue for the tube and the crap journey home just tired us out so we headed for the golf club. Only half a dozen there but a quite reminisce with good mates and a few quite beers was just what we needed. Almost a prefect day. 
  • Options
    First outting at new Wembley.
  • Options
    All the elements aligned - the number of fans, the noise we made, the recovery from a disaster of a start and the timing of the winner. Add to that the importance of the game in terms of our future - we can't be sure, but I certainly expected us to struggle in league one next season had we lost.
  • Options
    Sarrs excellent finish....was memorable moment.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Sarrs excellent finish....was memorable moment.
    Watched it about 50 times and I still expect Phillips to stop it.
  • Options
    Scoring with 6 seconds left of the 49th league match. Unreal. Seeing comments from Doncaster fans laughing at us when Sarr got his og then eating their words when we came back. They are still bitter about the ends the penalties were in the semi-final second leg.
  • Options
    Having press ganged the lad into supporting Charlton and his first season seeing us relegated, it was joyous seeing him have a whiff of glory winning promotion at the new Wembley.
    However...
    after the '98 final, I said I would never experience a greater game of football, and that still remains the case today.
  • Options
    It was Lee Bowyer's last game as Charlton manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought I'd already seen it all watching Charlton but taking part in the fantastic full rendition of the Red Red Robin at the end took me right back to the mid 50s standing with my Dad at the top of the towering old East Terrace among crowds even greater than our 38,000 at Wembley.  It really rolled back the years!  Even if the match itself didn't compare with the 7-6 defeat of Huddersfield or the 98 Wembley win!