Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What was the Party tune played at Wembley?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The music was clearly chosen by us and tailored to us

just can’t get enough - Joe Aribo

dont you want me baby - Lyle Taylor

on to something good - (Bowyers got us playing the way we should.... oh yeah)

VFR

Twist and Shout - so Phillips could do his thing (but no chorus, so the players kept building up to nothing, :) )

i liked the fact that they’d gone to the care to personalize it to us 

coulda done without “sweet caroline” though
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    Richard J said:
    https://youtu.be/2Y6Nne8RvaA

This came on at some point, cant remember if it was before Sweet Caroline though 

It was actually that one .

I just remember everyone chanting it . It really caught the mood .
    Been saying for a long time we should adopt this and play it at home games. When the goal goes in or at the end of the final whistle 
    FLAG FLAG FLAG FLAG FLAG FLAG FLAG
  • Options
    Blimey, we’re gonna get relegated and now the ‘wedding music’ at Wembley was shit. A few more days and Bauer will probably have been out of order for leaving his winner so later...
    Ooo, get her .....
  • Options
    I thought it was part of the occasion. We all joined in with Sweet Caroline which was great!
  • Options
    I thought it was part of the occasion. We all joined in with Sweet Caroline which was great!
    Dont get me wrong, I've always liked that song. I'm just puzzled why only now, 50 years after it first came out, it has suddenly become a go to song for celebrations.

• Options
    I'm generally not a fan of the generic piped music because what is normally played is abject unimaginative shite by Queen, designed for basketball fans with giant foam hands watching dull sports in indoor sports centres in towns with no proper football team.

But hats off to @Ollywozere, I thought that was a cracking set of songs clearly tailored for us, and I joined in full blast (sorry to anyone in earshot)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Dont get me wrong, I've always liked that song. I'm just puzzled why only now, 50 years after it first came out, it has suddenly become a go to song for celebrations.

It’s been used I think for the last few years by Matchroom for their big boxing shows just before the main ring walk. Been well received, now spread into darts shows, big football games etc. 
  • Options
    kafka said:
    CAFCOlly said:
    The music felt incredibly loud and prevented any chance of a genuine Charlton chant to start. Don't want to moan too much as it was still a great post-match atmosphere but it would have been nice if it was either turned down or off at some point so 38k of us could belt out VFR, Lee Bowyer's Red Army, etc, together. 
    I would agree. Much better celebration away at Doncaster. The music killed the connection between players and fans
    It didn’t.