Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Comments

• I like the fact it leaves responsibility with the umpire.
    Once its been checked then why isn't it given out ? 

Bizarre rule.
    because drs is only to overturn clear mistakes by the umpire. less than half the ball hitting isn't considered as a clear mistake. up to a couple of years ago that wouldn't even have been umpire's call, NZ would've lost their review as it was hitting the outside of the wicket
  • 1StevieG said:
    As World Cup cricket finals go this atmosphere is poor. Shed load of empty seats too. 
    Problem with it being at Lords.
    Yep should have been somewhere else.
  • 1StevieG said:
    As World Cup cricket finals go this atmosphere is poor. Shed load of empty seats too. 
    Instead of where?
  • Roy struggling. And people want him opening for the Ashes!
    Boult has made everyone struggle in this tournament. Superb bowling.
  • Beckenham
  • Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Instead of where?
    The Oval, Edgbaston, Old Trafford...
  • 1StevieG said:

Lord’s isn’t the problem, the high number of corporate and neutral fans is more of an issue
  • 1StevieG said:
    Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Instead of where?
    Old Trafford lol.

Roy gone 28-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ouch!!!!!!
  • Come on Rooty.
  • 1StevieG said:
    Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Instead of where?
    You think the final should be in Manchester or Birmingham?

Why not Cardiff? Or Durham?
  • Roy struggling. And people want him opening for the Ashes!
    India were 5 for 3 against Boult and Henry.

Roy has averaged 71 in this WC and all you can do is rubbish him.

Unbelievable.
  • Leuth said:
    *puts tennis on*

Federer hits literally six unforced errors in one tie-break

*back to cricket*
    But then wins the second set 6-1
  • edited July 2019
    1StevieG said:

Lord’s isn’t the problem, the high number of corporate and neutral fans is more of an issue
    The simple issue, is the tickets are sold world wide, so there is a strong possibility that you bought a ticket and your team is not playing today. I bought England tickets for Lords, The Oval and Southampton, but didn't try for the semis or final as I had no wish to pay to watch countries, other than England.

I should imagine a high percentage of final tickets were purchased by Indian supporters in the main, as well as a fair few Aussies, South Africa, Pakistan, plus the rest. 

If your team is not playing do you perhaps catch an earlier flight home, not bother to fly here at all, if you only had a final ticket, sell it, don't do anything ?

You would have had the same issue wherever the game was played.

An official resale site with no mark up is the answer.

It's coming. Liam Gallagher tickets at the O2 are only available via the O2 app.
    The bar code changes every minute, so you can't resell unofficially.
    But you can officially sell back to the O2/Axis and they resell at a maximum 10% mark up.
  • Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Instead of where?

The dots at the end meant I could carry on. Why not have it have it somewhere other than London?
  • 1StevieG said:
    Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Instead of where?

The dots at the end meant I could carry on. Why not have it have it somewhere other than London?
    1 Lords followed by The Oval are comfortably the best stadiums.

2 It is easier to get to London, especially from abroad.

3 The weather is better in the south & Southampton, whilst ok, is no place for a World Cup final.

4 It rains far too much in Manchester and Cardiff and Durham has a decent chance of being chilly, even in July. 
  • Thanks Colin
  • Not meant to be for Black Caps today.
  • Sponsored links:

• New Zealand are shocking!
    Trying to play test innings in a WC final.

England's to lose 
    We won't truly know how bad until we bat on this strip. Underestimate the likes of Boult, Henry, Ferguson etc at your peril especially when the conditions are favourable.
    I think we are now seeing how easy it is going to be 
  • The problem is how the tickets have been sold, not the venue. 

Fancy not not having the final at Lords. That’s like having a football World Cup in the UK & not having final at Wembley. 
  • Biggest audience for cricket in the UK for half a generation and Lords have managed to f*** the pitch up!
  • 1StevieG said:

The simple issue, is the tickets are sold world wide, so there is a strong possibility that you bought a ticket and your team is not playing today. I bought England tickets for Lords, The Oval and Southampton, but didn't try for the semis or final as I had no wish to pay to watch countries, other than England.

I should imagine a high percentage of final tickets were purchased by Indian supporters in the main, as well as a fair few Aussies, South Africa, Pakistan, plus the rest. 

If your team is not playing do you perhaps catch an earlier flight home, not bother to fly here at all, if you only had a final ticket, sell it, don't do anything ?

You would have had the same issue wherever the game was played.

An official resale site with no mark up is the answer.

It's coming. Liam Gallagher tickets at the O2 are only available via the O2 app.
    The bar code changes every minute, so you can't resell unofficially.
    But you can officially sell back to the O2/Axis and they resell at a maximum 10% mark up.
    Spot on. I think we can pretty much guarantee that if India were in the final there would not be a spare seat in the house.
  • 1StevieG said:
    Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Off_it said:
    1StevieG said:
    Instead of where?

Of course you could carry on. But as has been said, why would you not have the final at Lords?

• It's getting to us a bit here
  • I could have gone but wasn't gonna buy one for £2,000 as you might not even get in.

Root out.
  • 59-2    16.3
  • Root ended up trying to play a game that is totally foreign to him
  • In trouble. NZ are bowling so well, I'd have them as favourites.