Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruben Lameiras

2»

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:
    On the other thread some people complained that we gave Pratley a two year deal at 33. Darren was prepared to take lower wages for greater security. 

Are we really saying we would want to offer a four year deal to a player who has never played at this level before? 

Good luck to him. We move on to the next target. 
    People complaining about Pratley? Just for that goal against Doncaster in the play off semi at the Valley, plus the first half at Wembley after the own goal, he deserves a ton of credit. I get he is 34 and maybe not as mobile and exciting as others, but he's a good pro.
    Was one of our best players for the whole match at Wembley till he was subbed

His experience was so important compared to someone like Cattermole who was only a few years younger yet didnt really impose himself in their midfield
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Oh well, some fella i had never heard of before he was linked has gone to a tin pot team in Portugal i had never heard of beforw he went there. Not really fussed although we obviously do need bodies
  • Options
    TBH surprised he went to FC Falamalicao, thought he would of got a bigger club in the Portugese league, like Vitoria or Boavista. Excluding the big 3 sides, the Portugese league is pretty weak.
  • Options
    No way give a 4-year contract to someone like Ruben. Sounds to me like deep down he wanted to get back to Continental Europe. Next.
  • Options
    Can I just say "no end product"
  • Options
    Boys pony anyway * quickly deletes posts on transfer rumour thread*
  • Options
    Scored an equaliser away at Sporting Lisbon earlier. Now they’re winning 2-1 with only a couple of mins to go...
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    FC Falamalicao has a capacity of 5,307, looking to expand to around 7,500 for their top flight adventure. Wouldn't expect a four year deal here but shame on Roland that we can't compete with these minow's in the transfer market. I bet they don't get anything like our TV money either.
    They're now top of the Portuguese league.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    FC Falamalicao has a capacity of 5,307, looking to expand to around 7,500 for their top flight adventure. Wouldn't expect a four year deal here but shame on Roland that we can't compete with these minow's in the transfer market. I bet they don't get anything like our TV money either.
    I've been keeping an eye on them for a couple of weeks - real fairytale stuff from them to be honest.  Away to Sp Lisbon is a massive scalp for them.  I love to see a minnow punching above it's weight and they certainly are that.  I don't suppose they will keep it up all season as they are a very young squad too - but could be one to watch

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Ferryman said:
    I've been keeping an eye on them for a couple of weeks - real fairytale stuff from them to be honest.  Away to Sp Lisbon is a massive scalp for them.  I love to see a minnow punching above it's weight and they certainly are that.  I don't suppose they will keep it up all season as they are a very young squad too - but could be one to watch

Is certainly great to see... Saw an article on the BBC as they've got Josh Tymon on loan from Stoke

One comment about the start was the fact they were top because they hadnt faced any of the big boys in Portugal

I know Sporting are behind Porto and Benfica these days but it could get to the point like Leicester that year when they just dont let up

I'd be surprised myself but always great to see