Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When should we start getting worried?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Players and management at most clubs are still on holiday . Not much business being done anywhere yet . 
    Nonsense. I can assure you business is being done- now! My son is a financial advisor and his company handle many players. His phone had been red hot for days.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    kodfish said:
    Now. We’re two weeks behind the other promoted sides in getting signings in. 
    Further behind than that, Luton and Barnsley were promoted in April
    The management team would’ve had a plan in place for both League One and the Championship at least three months before the end of this season.

They would be fools to have absolutely nothing set out until after the final whistle at Wembley.
    Right...but they can’t execute that plan whilst they themselves don’t have contracts 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    kodfish said:
    Now. We’re two weeks behind the other promoted sides in getting signings in. 
    Further behind than that, Luton and Barnsley were promoted in April
    The management team would’ve had a plan in place for both League One and the Championship at least three months before the end of this season.

They would be fools to have absolutely nothing set out until after the final whistle at Wembley.
    Right...but they can’t execute that plan whilst they themselves don’t have contracts 
    And which players will sign up if they don't know the manager they're signing for will be here in three weeks' time.
  • Options
    I'd only start getting worried towards the end of the summer, for now just chill out!! :) 
  • Options
    Bowyer linked to derby if Frank goes to chelsea
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    We can worry now.
    Rolands in a win win situation 
    Get players like Taylor and aribo signed up and on more money.
    If Roland sells soon for what he wants for the club  the wages won't matter to him.
    If Aribo or Taylor get off to a good start and Roland still here in January his then probably looking at what £5million+ for either of them.

• Options
    Duchâtelet is in a small chance win, major chance lose more situation.

If he doesn’t sell in the next month, he’s fucked and yet this is the best window he will probably ever have.

Unfortunately as he is an idiot he will almost certainly not act quickly enough to cement Bowyer, JJ, Gallen in and already has probably missed the cheaper boat aiming for Bauer and Aribo and will need to cough up hard to retain them. 

If either sign without Bowyer on a 2-3 year contract, my half eaten edible hat will end up being entirely consumed. 

If Bauer signs without a change of owner and or a realistic team construction plan, it will be half consumed.

Priority 1 - sign up management
    Priority 2 - do one Roland or if not agree a budget
    Priority 3 - convince a backbone of the team to commit pen to paper l
    Priority 4 - build backbone out so it has some arms and legs
    Priority 5 - augment with loans to fill squad up
    priority 6 - build team spirit and fan support back after Duchâtelet hand sitting destroys momentum (tricky, get a decent pre-season in the bodies we have and build team spirit as loanees rock up, be lucky and win some home games playing half decent attacking football against sides with a bigger budget)

Your mission, if you choose to accept it Lee. This message unfortunately will not have been delivered and is bloody obvious but if it had been sent would self-district in 5 posts. 

• Options
    Players and management at most clubs are still on holiday . Not much business being done anywhere yet . 
    Bromley have signed about six players so far, they are preparing much better than Charlton are.
  • Options
    Well the only club I've taken note of are Bromley and they have signed about six players so far so not the case there.
  • Options
    I have been worried since the Watford 5-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drewman said:
    Bromley have signed about six players so far, they are preparing much better than Charlton are.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

This is what's happened in league football
  • Options
    January 2014
  • Options
    Getting Bowyer signed up always has to come first. Then he has to deal with his budget, even if it is on the low side for the League. As long as it is not ridiculously low, I have faith in his and his team's wheeling and dealing abilities. We were told that his contract was ready to be signed when he was back from holiday on Tuesday. Not panic stations time, but it is Wednesday today!   
  • Options
    drewman said:
    All six from us is what I’m hearing. ;)
  • Options
    drewman said:
    Well the only club I've taken note of are Bromley and they have signed about six players so far so not the case there.
    How many season tickets they sold? 

Ive signed four new U8s as well if that counts
  • Options
    drewman said:
    How many season tickets they sold? 

Ive signed four new U8s as well if that counts
    Bromley? About 50 at a guess.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    drewman said:
    All six from us is what I’m hearing. ;)
    RHF, Parker, Reeves, Marshall, Cummings and Kennedy following Roger effing Johnson to Hayes Lane  :o
  • Options

• Options
    This isn't a recent thing...

Someone would always start panicking 2 weeks after the end of the season when we were in the Premier League, and Curbs was the manager, and raise this question!
  • Options
    I got worried when I was about seven and haven't stopped since. It's not nice, but at least you know where you stand. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:
    Nonsense. I can assure you business is being done- now! My son is a financial advisor and his company handle many players. His phone had been red hot for days.
    Whilst my brother in law stayed with us in the summer his phone didn’t stop with players agents constantly calling. 
    And he was only a manager in the Welsh League!
    There is no holiday. 
  • Options
    drewman said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

This is what's happened in league football
    Pull your finger out Charlton we're falling behind.
    There appears to have been one player transfer to a Championship Club this window !
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    This isn't a recent thing...

Someone Golfie would always start panicking 2 weeks after the end of the season when we were in the Premier League, and Curbs was the manager, and raise this question!