Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Many miles have I travelled (match day travel how far do you travel to home games)

Comments

• cabbles said:
    Fair play to you all.  I chose Kent Uni because it was close enough to get back for home games and aways.  They had a coach from the Victoria hotel 

I’m sure you’re not meant to choose your uni and career based on getting back to see your football club, but oh well 
    You coach I'm not having that 
  • 110 mile round trip by train(proper Charlton) from Shoreham by Sea.
  • cabbles said:
    Fair play to you all.  I chose Kent Uni because it was close enough to get back for home games and aways.  They had a coach from the Victoria hotel 

I’m sure you’re not meant to choose your uni and career based on getting back to see your football club, but oh well 
    I chose Middlesex University in Tottenham for the same reason. Dropped out eventually to compete my catastrophically poor academic career, but didn't miss a single home game while I was there which is obviously far more important than trivial matters like shaping your future.

Now live 3 miles away but miss home games all the time thanks to Roland.
  • 184 mile round trip taking about 2 and half hours each way (except when there is a play off on a Friday night which took 4hours 45 mins). 
  • 90 miles round trip now. 

Always wanted to live on Floyd Road as a young kid.  Never happened and unlikely will so stuck with the long journey.
  • what a good thread to get my first comment on, haven't done many games in the last few years but travel from sunny stoke so a good 180 mile round trip when i go.
  • About 5 miles each way for me, back in the PL days and for a couple of years afterwards the chap in front used to come from Huddersfield every home game... maybe he still does but I have not seen him in years.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Horsham to Charlton

Car
    About 90 minutes to a non-restricted parking area, then walk down (57-ish miles each way - 114ish Miles round trip) 

Train
    HRH - LBG - CTN (About 2 Hours) costing about £30

Did you do the Horsham 10k the other Sunday @dazzler21?
  • 400 mile round trip these days but don't do many. Did both Play off semis and Wembley. Try to do as many Midlands / Northern aways as possible - potentially 14 next season.
  • edited June 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Horsham to Charlton

Car
    About 90 minutes to a non-restricted parking area, then walk down (57-ish miles each way - 114ish Miles round trip) 

Train
    HRH - LBG - CTN (About 2 Hours) costing about £30

Did you do the Horsham 10k the other Sunday @dazzler21?
    Sadly not, I'm struggling to get the legs back working across distance.

Weirdly have lived here for about 6 years with a 2 year gap in the middle and never done it!
  • Sponsored links:

• 6500 mile round trip. Rare occurrence nowadays, but used to do 6-8 a year in the prem. Transatlantic projects can be very useful. 
  • edited June 2019
    cabbles said:

That’s one of the reasons (ok, the main one) why CatJnr has chosen Greenwich next year and tbf it was a factor when I chose where to go in 80’s
  • About 130 miles round trip from New Romney and so loving Operation Brock is on the M20 northbound despite no Brexit.
  • edited June 2019
    Not going to win any prizes for the 0.9 miles to the Valley using the train one stop there and walking home 
  • 30 miles from Brentwood - 50 mins depending on traffic... easier when I lived in Eltham...
  • About half an hour if the a20 is kind. 
  • 816 mile round trip from Glasgow and get to around 6-10 home games (slightly fewer in recent seasons for RD reasons) since moving here in the early 90s. That was the deal when Mr W dragged me away from the South East. 

At that time we expected to have to pay around £100 each for return flights. Nearly 30 years later it is rare that we have to pay that much. Thanks, Easyjet!
  • I'm another 'Bedfordshire Addick' 140 mile round trip  B)
  • About 135 miles round trip from near Chobham, Surrey. Around the South side of the M25, then up either the M20 or M2, park by my old junior school, Sherington Road, then walk to the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Between Basingstoke and Newbury 
  • Used to do 900 mile round trip from Kinross in Scotland. Friday night bus down, Saturday night bus back. So many times I had to go into work on a sunday after just getting off the bus. 
  • 220 round trip from Titchfield.
  • 130 mile round trip . I can drive to Charlton from Biggleswade , if there’s no traffic , in less than 90 minutes . 
    So, it was you that hammered past me when I drove from Biggleswade recently
  • 130 mile round trip . I can drive to Charlton from Biggleswade , if there’s no traffic , in less than 90 minutes . 
    You can also catch the train from Biggleswade to London Bridge and then to the Valley  also about  85 mins. Frequently use Biggleswade as a route to work in London

Only weekdays . The Horsham train doesn't run weekends . Proper Charlton talk !!!
    You are right of course, i only do that route on weekdays. On a saturday you can change at Hitchin and still be at Charlton in 94 minutes.. no driving, no parking and have a wee dram or two.
  • Used to do 900 mile round trip from Kinross in Scotland. Friday night bus down, Saturday night bus back. So many times I had to go into work on a sunday after just getting off the bus. 
    Respect @Chippycafc   I did that once from Glasgow and it took me a month to recover
    Impressive. Don't think I could do that!
  • about a 5 mile round trip, train from Lewisham takes 7 minutes. If SE Trains are b****d up, it's about 20 minutes via DLR to Greenwich then train to Charlton. 

• 110 mile round trip by train(proper Charlton) from Shoreham by Sea.
    My dad moved down your way a couple of yrs ago now. Goring on sea. He still drives up for a lot of games but not so many midweek anymore. He is a bit of a pain and will only use trains as a last resort.