Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League Fixtures announced

The opening weekend in full

DateMatchKick-off time
9 Aug 2019Liverpool v Norwich City20:00 BST
10 Aug 2019West Ham v Manchester City12:30 BST
10 Aug 2019Bournemouth v Sheffield United15:00 BST
10 Aug 2019Burnley v Southampton15:00 BST
10 Aug 2019Crystal Palace v Everton15:00 BST
10 Aug 2019Leicester City v Wolves15:00 BST
10 Aug 2019Watford v Brighton15:00 BST
10 Aug 2019Tottenham v Aston Villa17:30 BST
11 Aug 2019Newcastle United v Arsenal14:00 BST
11 Aug 2019Manchester United v Chelsea16:30 BST

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48620218

As the EFL starts the previous weekend it looks like we will be away,as our fixtures normally coincide with Palaces fixtures.

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

DateMatchKick-off time

As the EFL starts the previous weekend it looks like we will be away,as our fixtures normally coincide with Palaces fixtures.

Usually Millwall are not at home on the same day or away on the same day. We shall see next Thursday.
  • Options
    Nice easy start for Man Utd and Chelsea...
  • Options
    Charlton and Palace both played at home on the same day LOADS of times last season. More than 10 times I would guess, probably would have been more if it hadn't been for the Sky games.

Its Millwall who we more often than not rotate with.
  • Options
    Only 5 of ten fixtures played at 3pm on the Saturday, that’s before Europa League games start and move more Prem fixtures to a Sunday. As a person who goes most Saturday’s home and away I think that would quickly become tiresome if we were ever to be miraculously promoted back to the Premier League. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Charlton and Palace both played at home on the same day LOADS of times last season. More than 10 times I would guess, probably would have been more if it hadn't been for the Sky games.

Doesnt surprise me seeing that Palace are from Surrey whilst Charlton and Millwall are from London
  • Options
    Relax,
    we are away to Fulham. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Relax,
    we are away to Fulham. 
    Reckon we'll be @ the Valley for the first game

Havent had consecutive opening games away since 2013 and 2014
  • Options
    Didnt realise there was going to be a mid-season break in the Premier League this year.

Five games will be shown on the 8th February, the other five games will be shown over the 15th February

All ten games will be televised...
  • Options
    Underwhelming opening match for Sheffield United, you either want a home match or a glamorous away match
  • Options
    Underwhelming opening match for Sheffield United, you either want a home match or a glamorous away match
    Nice chance for them to get three points on the board though

Imagine the longer a newly promoted side goes without a win the confidence levels will start to become a worry - Have to admit they probably have a great chance of survival as dont really have a run of fixtures facing the top six apart from December / January when they face Liverpool | Man City | West Ham | Arsenal | Man City, their run in is certainly manageable

Do hope for Chris Wilder (nothing to do with the fact he could have been Charlton Manager) that he survives, he's had a great rise through the Leagues and deserves a proper shot at the top flight 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

DateMatchKick-off time

Bit unfair on Chelsea.

Liverpool and Chelsea play in the Super Cup in Istanbul on 14 August, so Liverpool not only have a much easier game, they also get 2 extra nights rest. 
  • Options
    I reckon you’d be buzzing for your first match back in the Premier League after 100,000 years regardless of the opposition so probably better to have one of the less glamorous ties. Plus they get to play at 3pm on a Saturday on their first game back (see my moan above).
  • Options
    winnable though 
  • Options
    It annoys me far too much that the Premier League get their fixtures a week earlier than us now.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    It annoys me far too much that the Premier League get their fixtures a week earlier than us now.

Particularly when we start a week earlier
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    To be fair, thanks to the playoffs the EFL does finish after the PL!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Yeah but we've had playoffs for 25+ years, this later release is pretty new. I remember when you'd have to buy a newspaper and it'd have cut outs for all 92 clubs' fixtures.

Basically I'm impatient and want to start planning away trips.

• Options
    30/38 weeks have a top 6 clash.
  • Options
    i no longer really find the premier league exciting this year will be out of city and Liverpool again i think. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Neither can start their fixture preparation until the last play-off final has been played!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Agreed...usually bumped into a load of them at Clapham junction.
  • Options
    When does the Championship season start?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Friday 2nd August will be the first game
  • Options
    Friday 
    I'm already missing league 1
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Friday 
    I'm already missing league 1
    Yeah I’d much rather start the season with a 12:30 kick off away at Sunderland
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Only 5 of ten fixtures played at 3pm on the Saturday, that’s before Europa League games start and move more Prem fixtures to a Sunday. As a person who goes most Saturday’s home and away I think that would quickly become tiresome if we were ever to be miraculously promoted back to the Premier League. 
    We'd only have to put up with it for 9 months though.
  • Options
    Interesting that the Tv fixtures have already been chosen before the fixtures have even been announced 
  • Options
    Interesting that the Tv fixtures have already been chosen before the fixtures have even been announced 
    It was a concession made by the premier league this season to actually help supporters. Henry Winter was tweeting about it today. 

Only interest I take in the Premier League fixture resolves around Brighton playing at home on weekdays. Working in Brighton  I usually amend my working hours to avoid match day traffic.