Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

HYPOCRITE

HYPOCRITE

Roland Duchatelet claims that managers who have agents would be presented with a conflict of interest if the agent also represents players at the same club with the implication that these players would be favoured.

Well, Duchatelet himself has engaged directly in similar conflict of interest practice with his third party ownership of Michy Batshuayi.

Remember this:

Mathew Nash@hitcmathewnash

2 years ago

Report suggests controversial Charlton Athletic OWNER will make £9.9m from Michy Batshuayi's Chelsea move

It is looking increasingly likely that Chelsea have won the race to sign Belgian international striker Michy Batshuayi.

The Marseille star, who has been heavily linked with Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham this summer, now looks likely to be joining new manager Antonio Conte at Chelsea this summer.Sky Sports reported today that he has passed a medical with the club and will complete a £33 million move shortly.

So what does this have to do with Charlton Athletic?Well, according to reports in Belgium, this will be music to the ears of the Addicks’ controversial owner Roland Duchatelet. Charlton fans have long protested against the running of their club under the controversial Belgian and most would like to see him leave the club.He previously owned Standard Liege, Batshuayi’s club prior to his Marseille move.

When he sold the club (Standard) to Bruno Venanzi it is reported by Het Belang Van Limburg that he personally retained the sell-on percentage for the striker, should he leave Marseille.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In  Belgium, Duchatelet had previously been criticised by Batshuayi’s parents for trying to sell the player to Everton whilst he was owner of Standard Liege (where Batshuayi was playing) in order to get the percentage fee for his sale as part of the TPO which Duchatelet had put into Batshuayi’s contract. See Below:

By: Michaël Bouche 
21/01/14 - 14h19

INTERVIEW WITH BATSHUAYI'S PARENTS

"A clause in his contract stipulates that Michy’s contract can be sold for a sum of 8 million euros and that this amount is reduced to 5 million if Duchâtelet no longer owns Standard.

" The president (Duchatelet) has used our naivety to make us resign Michy at the beginning of the season with the help of a lawyer that did not defend our interests, but his own He established rules that we respect " 

" Duchâtelet did not bother to answer us "
" That said, it seems to us astonishing to say the least that neither Christophe Henrotay (Manager of Standard) nor Batshuayi's parents were invited by the president for a discussion, we tried to call him several times but he never bothered to answer us. "

"He only thinks of his wallet"
"Should we remind Mr. Duchâtelet that we are the parents and that we deserve a little respect (...) Compared to the supporters of the Standard, he could have clarified things too." Instead, Duchâtelet held inflammatory statements in the press, which is the sign that he is losing his temper in a situation that he himself has created, but which has grown in importance. his wallet". 

Look at the RD statement on LB then read all of the above again! 

Comments

• Hypocrite is possibly the kindest word I can think of to describe the rat.
  • People tend to judge others by their own behaviour. Clearly Roland understands a conflict of interest better than most. 
  • This should be put to the prick. It clearly does show him up as a complete hypocrite. If you had to deal with that deranged mad man wouldn't you charge an agent to do it for you?
  • That's a good point. When Lee was first offered a new contract, I seem to recall he said that he did not understand it. If it was offered in Roland-speak, that is perfectly feasible. So it is quite possible that he then decided he needed a third party to try and decipher the insane one's ramblings...    
  • It's good that @Coyotejohn1947 reminds us of this. Furthermore, we should remind ourselves of the name Dudu Duhan. In my naivety I was initially very supportive of RD's robust criticism of agents and how they were sucking money out of the game. I agree with that statement. However it was the Standard Socios who quickly alerted us to the fact that RD actually was personally dealing with Duhan as some kind of preferred super-agent for the whole network. Hypocrisy, on a pan-European scale.  Duhan seems like a mini-Zahavi, with that Israeli ability to cast a spell on impressionable rich businessmen who desperately want to "understand" football and footballers. Actually I have just noticed that Duhan has a Twitter account dedicated to showing how pleased he is with himself, so I will try to see if I can draw a response from him re RD's antics yesterday...