Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolanos?

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
I was thinking about getting a ticket for the Welling game and I remembered the big highlight last year was Cristiano Bolanos...fast, keen and dangerous. Now I know why we couldn't sign him at the time....anyone know if he is still 'on the radar' ?

Comments

• Options
    i would be suprised. We have a whole new coaching and scouting network now. Unless Pardew was aware and tracking him, before i can't see it, particularly as we brought in the young danish winger.
  • Options
    Mark Robson was there at the time - he would be aware of him and must have mentioned Bolanos to Pardew at some point. Pardew still allowed Zheng Zie to come in on loan, even though his trial period with the club was under Les Reed.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if he turns-up at Coventry, Fulham or even Wham - he looked a good prospect.
  • Options
    Wasn't he spending a year in Belgium to get enough games to qualify for a work permit?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
  • Options
    Didn't someone post recently that he'd signed for a top Danish club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Didn't someone post recently that he'd signed for a top Danish club?

He signed for Odense Boldklub in Denmark at the beginning of this month
  • Options
    I've just checked out the Odense Boldklub website (http://www.ob.dk/) and it looks like they've signed Elton John too! Couldn't make out much from the text (my Danish isn't up to much) but on Wikipedia Bolanos is shown as a Odense Boldklub player....shame he looked the brightest thing I've seen at Welling and at the Valley (for the last home fixture of last pre-season)..another one lost.
  • Options
    Well, Elton John is on tour and gave a big concert at their ground on Sunday.

I used to have a Danish girlfriend and spent quite a bit of time in Copenhagen a few years ago, so picked up quite a bit of the lingo. I'm a bit rusty now - but here goes......

"OB has signed a cotract with 23 year old Costa Rican, Cristian Bolanos. There is talk about a 3 year deal, that runs until the summer of 2010.

Cristian Bolanos is a 23 year old attacker, and can also play all midfield positions. He comes from the Costa Rican club Deportivo Saprissa, that has won the national top division for the past 2 years. Bolanos's contract with Saprissa will expire when he signs for OB on a free transfer...."

Loads more about being an exciting player with big potential and very skilfull. Also about his footballing achievements so far and international career. It finishes saying:
    "Cristian Bolanos gets number 12 at OB and will be with them when they start training, Monday 18 June."