Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC fan on the Sports Bar - Talksport

edited June 2019 in General Charlton
Did anyone just hear Goldstein and Cundy talking to a Charlton fan? I missed their name but came across very well and the presenters seemed very much onside with us as fans and our dislike for RD despite LB's success in promotion. 

Comments

• I find it difficult to listen to Goldstein.  
  • Goldstein is ok, it's Cundy that I want to throw things at 99%of the time. When he stops being a dick for being a dick sake he seems quite genuine. 
  • What exactly was said and how did the presenters respond? 
  • Took me a while to settle in, but when I did, I was on fire weren't I 
    Well, as I said, took me a while to find my voice but, once I did? I told em what's what and they both folded
    Well, as I said, took me a while to find my voice but, once I did? I told em what's what and they both folded
    Good on you. About time somebody told that shit radio station some facts! 
  • Was Lewis Catt Fromm Charlton Live. No idea if he posts on here or not but thought he come across very well
  • Any idea what time this conversation took place,so people can listen to it via TalkSports 'catch-up' service.
  • It’s will be in the 23:00 - 23.30 link
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    It’s will be in the 23:00 - 23.30 link
    Thanks,here is the link https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1560891600/1560895200/ conversation starts from about 08.00 minutes.
  • Met Cundy on a train once while I was with a few of my pals. We gave him a tinny and he sat and played drinking games with us. Quite a funny fella.
  • Remember that goal, Ipswich / Spurs
  • clive said:
    It’s will be in the 23:00 - 23.30 link
    Thanks,here is the link https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1560891600/1560895200/ conversation starts from about 08.00 minutes.
    Thanks Clive

• Pringle said:
    I find it difficult to listen to Goldstein.  
    Man United fan from the south = opinion on football not worth a sausage 
    why's that then ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Pringle said:
    why's that then ?
    Weak constitution and feeble mindedness in the main.
  • Generally find the Sports Bar unlistenable and got little time for Goldstein and Cundy. Having said that, they did interview Chris Powell on the show, and gave him the opportunity to speak candidly about Roland picking the team for him, sending him players he knew nothing about and so on:
    https://talksport.com/football/efl/34261/sports-bar-interview-chris-powell-roland-duchatelet-charltons-struggles-and-his-career/

Since that interview, I have found it hugely frustrating to hear Adrian Durham, Danny Murphy, Matt Holland and, of course Jim White, all making various comments in defence of Roland and Katrien. Do your research lads, the evidence of the lunacy and incompetence was broadcast on your channel!
  • Cundy takes stupidity to a new level. Listening to him and Goldstein is painful.
  • Cundy takes stupidity to a new level. Listening to him and Goldstein is painful.
    Most annoying thing about them for me, and they do this all the time, it's almost like the foundation on which the show is built - they love to ask a question which encourages a detailed response, the when someone phones in with a detailed answer they just just demand a yes or no answer of them. For example:

Goldstein: "Thanks for calling in John. So, do you think it's possible for Manchester United to win the Champions League in the next 3 years?"
    Caller: "Well that all really depends on whether Solskjaer...."
    Goldstein: "Yes or no, John"
    Caller: Well I think...."
    Goldstein: "Yes or no, John, just yes or no."
    Caller: "But..."
    Goldstein: Come on, John. Just yes or no."

Etc, does my head in.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you were  to listen to just the segment last night with Lewis Catt you would think Goldstein and Cundy were good. They seemed informed on what fans think and let Lewis talk and seemed as confused by RD as we all do.  
  • MrOneLung said:
    Pringle said:
    why's that then ?
    Weak constitution and feeble mindedness in the main.
    Bet he still gives up his seat to a grafter on the old rattler though
  • Turning into an "I'm Spartacus" this
  • Met Cundy on a train once while I was with a few of my pals. We gave him a tinny and he sat and played drinking games with us. Quite a funny fella.
    I'm sure he's an ok bloke but I just can't stand his verbal diariah.