Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cancelled flights -Rights

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    There's no way I'd be paying that hotel bill. Cancel the card or move all the money out of that account so they can't take anything. Absolutely no way.
    On what basis? Cancellation terms are pretty clear when you make a booking.
    My flight was cancelled? So I couldn’t get to the country for the hotel stay. That should be enough.
    It doesn't matter what the reason is, if you cancel a hotel outside the free cancellation period then the hotel is perfectly entitled to charge the amount stated in the cancellation terms. In may cases this is 100%. It's then up to the individual to try to claim back on insurance if it's possible; it often isn't.

Last minute cancellations and no-shows are an absolute pain for the hotel industry and that's why strict cancellation terms are imposed. Some hotels will negotiate better terms iin certain circumstances but that's entirely goodwill on behalf of the hotel and not a necessity.
    They may be perfectly entitled to attempt to charge it but I’m just saying there’s no way I’d be paying it.
    How would you make them refund you?
    What? He hasn’t paid yet. Obviously if he had I wouldn’t fancy his chances of getting a refund.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    There's no way I'd be paying that hotel bill. Cancel the card or move all the money out of that account so they can't take anything. Absolutely no way.
    My flight was cancelled? So I couldn’t get to the country for the hotel stay. That should be enough.
    It doesn't matter what the reason is, if you cancel a hotel outside the free cancellation period then the hotel is perfectly entitled to charge the amount stated in the cancellation terms. In may cases this is 100%. It's then up to the individual to try to claim back on insurance if it's possible; it often isn't.

Last minute cancellations and no-shows are an absolute pain for the hotel industry and that's why strict cancellation terms are imposed. Some hotels will negotiate better terms iin certain circumstances but that's entirely goodwill on behalf of the hotel and not a necessity.
    They may be perfectly entitled to attempt to charge it but I’m just saying there’s no way I’d be paying it.
    As it happens I've found out that the hotel has, ad yet not taken a payment. It would appear that Booking.com whom I booked through have somehow got my bank details wrong and so the hotel have emailed requesting payment. What is annoying is that in their correspondence they stayed that I was a no show at the hotel and yet I cancelled through the website giving them about 10 hours notice of intended check in so the room was available for all three of the originally booked nights. I guess I will need to pay up and attempt to claim it from Easyjet. Insurers are adamant they do not cover this. One slight concern is that the EasyJet customer service rep stayed that I 'should get most of this refunded' but could not say as the airline may not be responsible for the cancellation.

As an update I did take wife out for a nice meal last night. Felt a bit bad after the highlight of her 50th birthday was walking our dogs in the pissing rain. We also watched the morning news story reporting how the animals in Berlin zoo were being hosed down due to the heat. Gutted is an understatement.
    Don't pay!

This type of thing happens regularly. I get no-shows regularly that I'm unable to charge for various reasons; Russian cards, for example, rarely work on my online system and I consider it a bonus if I do get any cash when this happens. Just ignore the emails from Booking.com and the hotel and it'll probably go away. Booking.com and the hotel should verify your credit/debit card details at the time of booking and if your details are wrong then it's tough. The hotel may report you to Booking.com, I've done this before, but in all honesty I don't know what happens after that, but there are plenty more online agents out there if it comes to that.

If things start to get heated then maybe rethink, but certainly for now I advise you to sit it out.

PS I shouldn't really be telling you this! I should be supporting my hotel-owning colleagues. But you're an Addick so you get priority!
    ??
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:

If you'd paid upfront or if the hotel has your credit card details and a good system that allows remote payments then you may not have any option without quickly cancelling your card.

Anyway, I seem to have confused you with my last post. It's just a bit of information from someone who works with Booking.com and other online agents.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:

As it happens I've found out that the hotel has, ad yet not taken a payment. It would appear that Booking.com whom I booked through have somehow got my bank details wrong and so the hotel have emailed requesting payment. What is annoying is that in their correspondence they stayed that I was a no show at the hotel and yet I cancelled through the website giving them about 10 hours notice of intended check in so the room was available for all three of the originally booked nights. I guess I will need to pay up and attempt to claim it from Easyjet. Insurers are adamant they do not cover this. One slight concern is that the EasyJet customer service rep stayed that I 'should get most of this refunded' but could not say as the airline may not be responsible for the cancellation.

As an update I did take wife out for a nice meal last night. Felt a bit bad after the highlight of her 50th birthday was walking our dogs in the pissing rain. We also watched the morning news story reporting how the animals in Berlin zoo were being hosed down due to the heat. Gutted is an understatement.
    Don't pay!

This type of thing happens regularly. I get no-shows regularly that I'm unable to charge for various reasons; Russian cards, for example, rarely work on my online system and I consider it a bonus if I do get any cash when this happens. Just ignore the emails from Booking.com and the hotel and it'll probably go away. Booking.com and the hotel should verify your credit/debit card details at the time of booking and if your details are wrong then it's tough. The hotel may report you to Booking.com, I've done this before, but in all honesty I don't know what happens after that, but there are plenty more online agents out there if it comes to that.

If things start to get heated then maybe rethink, but certainly for now I advise you to sit it out.

PS I shouldn't really be telling you this! I should be supporting my hotel-owning colleagues. But you're an Addick so you get priority!
    Thanks.for this advice. It has all been stressful despite no actual harm done. The thought of paying for such disappointment really sticks in the through. As ever CL community is on hand to offer considered, relevant and practical advice. Enjoy the summer boys and girls😍 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    So to update. Firstly Sleazyjet replied to the claim sent via Resolver, saying that they had no history of any bookings linked to my email address (used same email address to book flights for over 15 years) and insisted that I contact them through their website. They then announce no such claim, then that the claim had a technical error and so needed to be submitted. They then said that they were not legally bound to pay for pre or post expenses under EU law. Finally today they paid out compensation citing....

"Your flight was cancelled due to our aircraft having a supplier issue. This delay was within our control and is considered a non-extraordinary circumstance under EU law" In short they gave 250 euros per passenger compensation, but nothing towards any of the holiday related costs.

It really did screw us up and their communication was not great, to say the least. Shame as I've always praised EasyJet over their airline competition.
  • Options
    Our flights to Berlin were cancelled last month on a Wednesday evening when we were at the boarding gate. Due to thunderstorms over Germany. The reason was that the airport would be closed by the time we would be able to land. The next available flight was Friday but we were due to return on the Saturday. They were offering hotel accommodation but no point so we came home. Fortunately the next morning we were able to book flights in the afternoon to Carcassonne, which turned out to be a real find, coming back on the Sunday, albeit with Ryan Air. The booking was though Expedia so we got all the costs back for both the hotel and flights. But it was fecking annoying as for my birthday the next day (not a special one though) and it looked for a while like we couldn't book an alternative without paying shed loads and caused 2 arguments! Put in a claim to Sleazyjet as there were costs to and from the airport etc but it was rejected. I suppose it worked out not too badly in the end
  • Options
    the latest shenanigans come from the usually decent of the 2 that fly from gatwick - dublin aer lingus - very dissapointed in the following. 

was actually my other half who was going home for a hen do; 

friday 28th june - due to fly out at 7.50pm from gatwick - arrive at gatwick delayed an hour wait at airport until 10pm to be told flight cancelled until 11.55am saturday morning - despite the 9pm and 9.50pm flights taking off on time. 

saturday 29th june flight eventually takes off at 1.50pm meaning she lands into dublin at 4pm and returns the sunday evening

do the compo forms for her

the response i got back from aer lingus was the usual bollocks of not our fault it was air traffic control here's a cheque for £9.20 for your train fare - fucking clowns and i thought ryanair were bad - i get these airlines are budget - but im usually paying £120-160 for a friday pm flight return sunday pm 

they have cheap flights but at unusual times. 
  • Options
    the latest shenanigans come from the usually decent of the 2 that fly from gatwick - dublin aer lingus - very dissapointed in the following. 

was actually my other half who was going home for a hen do; 

friday 28th june - due to fly out at 7.50pm from gatwick - arrive at gatwick delayed an hour wait at airport until 10pm to be told flight cancelled until 11.55am saturday morning - despite the 9pm and 9.50pm flights taking off on time. 

saturday 29th june flight eventually takes off at 1.50pm meaning she lands into dublin at 4pm and returns the sunday evening

do the compo forms for her

the response i got back from aer lingus was the usual bollocks of not our fault it was air traffic control here's a cheque for £9.20 for your train fare - fucking clowns and i thought ryanair were bad - i get these airlines are budget - but im usually paying £120-160 for a friday pm flight return sunday pm 

they have cheap flights but at unusual times. 
    I'm not sure if there is anything else that we can do. We didn't even get our train fare