Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon 2007

Not sure if there are many tennis fans on here but if anyone saw Henman last night he showed some real guts in his match last night.

He is obviously past his best but his passion was there and hopefully he can finish Moya off this afternoon.

Gets/got a lot of undeserved stick in my opinion for someone who was in the top 10 for many a year.

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Something we agree on, WSS!
    (I'm not going to say anymore about the women's team - I'm just very sad and angry about it.)

Really enjoyed watching Henman last night - excellent entertainment, and have always thought he rarely gets the credit he deserves. Shame he couldn't finish it off, and just hope for once that the unconverted matchpoints don't come back to haunt him. He'll need to be very sharp starting off this afternoon - it's a bit like carrying on a pen shootout from 5-5 on the day after the match. One mistake and you're gone. C'mon Tim!
  • He's always been at a big disadvantage in terms of world class shots and physicality but managed to mix it at the top of his sport. Definitely deserves credit for making the best of his limitations. Good luck Tim.
  • agreed. guy made it into the top ten in the world of his sport.

Seeing as Thierry Henry is known as a global superstar, yet some wouldn't have him in a premiership top ten, its puts in perspective who far he got in his game.
  • Don't get me wrong I do hope Tim does well as hes GB.

BUT

It does bloody annoy me the amount of people shouting "COMON TIM" cos it obviously doesn't bloody work!
  • Was there yesterday - had tickets for Court 1 and was in the stands there for most of the day, slowly developing hypothermia - but managed to get on to Centre Court for the last few games of the day. Good atmosphere, and hopefully today's more 'corporate' crowd will also get behind him later.

Henman has taken a lot of stick, but he's obviously been a dedicated professional who's competed in the top tier of his sport, with the weight of the country's expectations on his shoulders for two weeks every year.

On a day when we've been linked with Jody Morris - who'll have also made a decent living out of his career - you sort of realise that Henman's actually done pretty well.
  • 7-6 Henman

BBC Sport's media coverage is pretty decent for those who can get away with it at work
  • Henman wins.

Monster last set.

13-11
  • Well done Tim, he aint going to win Wimbledon but the guy obviously has enough money for the rest of his life and his playing purely for his competitve spirit/enjoyment.

Whatever anyone says, COME ON TIM.
  • One of the biggest advantages of working from home - watched the lot with only a couple of phone calls interrupting. Superb performance - he really deserved it.
  • vs. Lopez.

Henners was 2-0 down - won the third set to mkae 2-1 and is a break up in the 4th
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep - watching it on and off!
  • Don't see him coming back this time...
  • Goodnight Timbo
  • Typical Henman! Gives us a little hope then BANG.

Oh well, still hand it to him.
  • Hand what to him? Being a loser?
  • For not just giving up like everyone's telling him to.

If he wants to play tennis let him play tennis.
  • Can't stand Henman - not particualrly him personally but the fact that his "fans" all seem to be middle-aged women carrying union flags and wetting their knockers every time he wins a point. Embarassing!