Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options
    Green, Williams, Bonne & Aneke are going to fire us to safety. 
  • Options
    It will be interesting what happens with players like Chuks who have hardly played this season. Will they be super fresh and fit OR will their bodies give out once we get into the 2 games a week routine?
  • Options
    I said in the ‘who will be our hero thread’ that I think Chuks will be good for us if given the chance. He’s had decent cameos against Villa, Stoke, Reading, and has barely been given a chance. He offers something different and that’s what you need in a relegation scrap.
  • Options
    Chuks has been unfortunate with injuries but if he is starting on a level playing field to the others, I'm sure he will be a key player for us.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Hemed, Green, Williams, Bonne & Aneke are going to fire us to safety. 

• Options
    Oztumer may lend a hand too.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

I think it would be silly to write off McGeady as well.

We all know he has the ability, and with them all in a level playing field, and training together now working on things they wouldn’t have been able to before, he has it in him to produce the goods as well.

Hemed, Bonne, Green, Aneke, Williams, Oztumer, McGeady. All add something different to us.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I forgot about McGeady. He was struggling for fitness when we bought him. He may be at the same level as everybody else now. I am not fearing these nine games. Bowyer just has to get them fit and up for it.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

We all know he has the ability, and with them all in a level playing field, and training together now working on things they wouldn’t have been able to before, he has it in him to produce the goods as well.

Hemed, Bonne, Green, Aneke, Williams, Oztumer, McGeady. All add something different to us.
    McGeady is dreadful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've liked the look of Chuks, only thing is that I don't think he's some sort of target man just cos he's massive.. He seems good with his feet
  • Options
    Sage said:
    se9addick said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

McGeady is dreadful. 
    He was before games were postponed. But now his fitness is no doubt better and really, he has just as much ability, if not more, than anyone else in the squad.

Bowyer and the players rate him highly, that’s enough to say that he could play a big part in this run in.
    Would  love to be proved wrong on Mcgeady but I just cant see it. Everytime I have seen him play (for and against us)he has lacked the work rate off the ball to have any hope of working in a Bowyer side.
  • Options
    I think we need to be careful pinning our hopes on any individual as a hero. Bowyer obviously still has some concerns about Aneke's fitness, and he didn't sound too sure about Field doing much more than easing in for the first few games. I'd love to think that Chuks, Field and Page could come back in and change everything but I think we've got to be realistic about the amount some of them will play. We'll be reliant on every single player turning up in unique circumstances and playing beyond themselves without a crowd to push them on. It's going to be tough.
  • Options
    Mcgeady is totally shit move on.
    If any on here are pinning their hopes on him.
    Please don't 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

It makes me chuckle - football goes missing for a couple of months, and all of a sudden fans have that 'new season optimism' that usually lasts from August to Sept...... lets not get carried away. We are where we are in the league - and would be wrong to expect any of these players to have randomly turned into world beaters in the last 2 months.
  • Options
    Whenever he's played he seems to central midfield or just behind the striker(s). Why not play him left wing or has Doughty taken that place.
  • Options
    Please don't 
    He of little faith 😀
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sage said:
    se9addick said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

McGeady is dreadful. 
    He was before games were postponed. But now his fitness is no doubt better and really, he has just as much ability, if not more, than anyone else in the squad.

Bowyer and the players rate him highly, that’s enough to say that he could play a big part in this run in.
    Then why are a mediocre team in the league below us literally paying for him to play somewhere else?

He was a good player a few years back, he was very much in Williams shadow at Wembley last May and has done nothing since he joined us on loan. I doubt a global pandemic has miraculously turned him into a good player (would love to be proved wrong etc). 
  • Options
    I think people have been very harsh on Chuks. He did have an impact in a few games earlier in the season - he scored a well taken goal vs Stoke and caused absolute havoc as a sub away at Reading. He's a unit who's also got decent mobility and is good with the ball at his feet. He has the potential to be real handful for defenders. He's blown hot and cold (more cold than hot so far to be fair) but it does look like there's maybe been some underlying fitness issue with him which have been holding him back. Hopefully he's past that as I think he has a lot to offer and if we're going to get out of this, at least 2 from Bonne, Hemed, Green and Chuks to step up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will be interesting what happens with players like Chuks who have hardly played this season. Will they be super fresh and fit OR will their bodies give out once we get into the 2 games a week routine?
    You know Bowyer in this situation ......  get some "minutes" into players from the bench; after that start them for 60 mins and sub them: then bench and sub for last 30, etc.

The last thing I expect we'll see is Chuks starting and playing 90 mins, Sat/Tue/Sat.

In any case, squad rotation will be the order of the day. You know Bows - leopards don't change their spots.

• Options
    Killerandflash explains it very well.

I don’t have new optimism, of course we are where we are for a reason, but I always have believed we have enough to stay up. That’s not changed. All I’ve said is the players I have named all add something different to us. Not said any of them would be world beaters. I have also only said McGeady has the ability, so it would be wrong to write him off when he most certainly could still play a part in the remaining 9 games. Same goes for Aneke. Any player now can play a part, that’s the whole point.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    se9addick said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

McGeady is dreadful. 

Would  love to be proved wrong on Mcgeady but I just cant see it. Everytime I have seen him play (for and against us)he has lacked the work rate off the ball to have any hope of working in a Bowyer side.
    But McGeady does add flair, vision and dead ball ability.

He might be 34 years old - but If he's fit and up for it, you may be surprised.
    Recently  Bowyer has said good things about him.

If he can add something to our team when called upon, that'll do for me.

• Options
    Two games a week means that we need the whole squad to be fit and play their part. More subs means you can and will need to play Chucks and McGeady, and we will be able to in most games. 
    Both players add something different, but my money is on Chucks.
    Watched him pre season close up and his physical presence is awesome. Plays best with the ball at his feet and does what frightens defences most, he runs at them.
    I hope we play without fear and just go for it. Try and win every game 4-0 and see where we end up.
    I would rather do that then go down whimpering.
  • Options
    If we play how we did from August to Sept we will stay up
  • Options
    Please don't 
    He of little faith 😀
    Better than blind optimism. 

If Mcgeady is the answer we are fooked 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Two games a week means that we need the whole squad to be fit and play their part. More subs means you can and will need to play Chucks and McGeady, and we will be able to in most games. 
    Both players add something different, but my money is on Chucks.
    Watched him pre season close up and his physical presence is awesome. Plays best with the ball at his feet and does what frightens defences most, he runs at them.
    I hope we play without fear and just go for it. Try and win every game 4-0 and see where we end up.
    I would rather do that then go down whimpering.
    Which is why it's so disappointing Solly not being available. He wouldn't be a regular, but you could see him playing a couple of games at least
  • Options
    I would'nt write off McGeady just yet  . Past his best yes , but could still be a threat coming off the bench .
  • Options
    It isn't a new season optimism as has been suggested and it is definitely going to be tough but our slump was caused by the incredible volume of injuries. We were having to play players who were not ready. With a fully fit squad, and we cannot be sure that is the case, but with it, we have a fighting chance. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If we play how we did from August to Sept we will stay up
    Anyone seen Lyle and Conor ?