Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford sell out a friendly

2»

Comments

• Options
    £15 a ticket and a fiver for kids with Liverpool allocated over 4300 tickets.

Not surprised it sold out really as Bradford are well supported anyway.
    We could not sell out the Hartlepool game.
    Are you seriously comparing Hartlepool to the European champions and one of the best supported sides in the world?

Not to mention that Bradford are well supported anyway. Averaged over 16k last season despite being relegated.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    What's our highest gate for a friendly? I think Colin Walsh's testimonial against Spurs and John Robinson's against Porto both broke 10k, maybe Curbs' testimonial against Hearts as well, don't recall ever getting anywhere near 15k or 20k though.
    If I recall rightly, Keith Peacock had 16k for his and it was the biggest crowd that season. Who’s a got a year book with all the stats that they can check ?
    Good shout, looks like you're right - https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68966/keith-peacock-testimonial-v-chelsea
  • Options
    £15 a ticket and a fiver for kids with Liverpool allocated over 4300 tickets.

Not surprised it sold out really as Bradford are well supported anyway.
    We could not sell out the Hartlepool game.
    Are you seriously comparing Hartlepool to the European champions and one of the best supported sides in the world?

Not to mention that Bradford are well supported anyway. Averaged over 16k last season despite being relegated.
    Yes I am.

Championship party at reduced ticket prices.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    What's our highest gate for a friendly? I think Colin Walsh's testimonial against Spurs and John Robinson's against Porto both broke 10k, maybe Curbs' testimonial against Hearts as well, don't recall ever getting anywhere near 15k or 20k though.
    Curbishley was approximately 8,500
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrLargo said:
    Mendonca got a few 
    I’m pretty sure Mendonca’s was attended by around 7,500. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrLargo said:
    Mendonca got a few 
    I’m pretty sure Mendonca’s was attended by around 7,500. 
    Correct. 7,567 according to this - https://www.svenskafans.com/england/charlton/54615
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It wasn't even promoted heavily locally.  I know because I live 3 miles from the ground and knew f all about it until I saw this.  A quick chat with a Bradford based plastic scouser says it sold out in hours. 

Are you saying you live in Bradford?
    Unless they have moved the ground, yes. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It wasn't even promoted heavily locally.  I know because I live 3 miles from the ground and knew f all about it until I saw this.  A quick chat with a Bradford based plastic scouser says it sold out in hours. 

Jesus Christ......why?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    MrLargo said:
    If I recall rightly, Keith Peacock had 16k for his and it was the biggest crowd that season. Who’s a got a year book with all the stats that they can check ?
    Good shout, looks like you're right - https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68966/keith-peacock-testimonial-v-chelsea
    So is the 16k for KP’s testimonial game the highest turnout ?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Jesus Christ......why?
    Cos its bloody cheap, I live in a village just outside Bradford.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Jesus Christ......why?
    Cleackheaton
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Jesus Christ......why?
    Cleackheaton
    It's not far. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Jesus Christ......why?
    I’ll say no more!
  • Options
    Didn't realise he was Steph Haughton's husband, blimey, to be performing at that level with all this going on, is utterly exceptional 
  • Options
    Stephen Darby picked Liverpool because he is from Liverpool and played for them until he was 24(mainly out on loan) but get what @ForeverAddickted is saying with Rangers and Ricksen
    And lets face it the current European Champions are a massive draw. How many "neutrals" would go to a match against Rangers? For that matter how many Rangers fans would go to a match against Bradford!
    Didn't Rangers v Sheff Wed sell out a few years back?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Stephen Darby picked Liverpool because he is from Liverpool and played for them until he was 24(mainly out on loan) but get what @ForeverAddickted is saying with Rangers and Ricksen
    And lets face it the current European Champions are a massive draw. How many "neutrals" would go to a match against Rangers? For that matter how many Rangers fans would go to a match against Bradford!
    Didn't Rangers v Sheff Wed sell out a few years back?
    Rangers had about 10k there.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Jesus Christ......why?
    I’ll say no more!
    ?