Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Brilliant read. Thank you for posting.
  • Very interesting to read about, hopefully the Museum can get others coming forward with connections
  • Not ours but we have Eddie Marshall's identical, bar name, medal
  • Great read
  • Good read, and vert interesting.
  • My mum's maiden name is Marshall and her family go back a good few generations. Lived down the bottom of Westmore Street, by the Thames, then my nan and grandad moved into one of the town houses opposite The Vic. I was brought up there, before they were torn down to make way for the basketball court for the drug dealers to serve up in, and that still stands there to this day
  • My mum's maiden name is Marshall and her family go back a good few generations. Lived down the bottom of Westmore Street, by the Thames, then my nan and grandad moved into one of the town houses opposite The Vic. I was brought up there, before they were torn down to make way for the basketball court for the drug dealers to serve up in, and that still stands there to this day
    The Marshall family lived on Woolwich Rd so you could well be related to them.  If you want I can give you the Aussie branch of the families email via inbox
    The Marshall family lived on Woolwich Rd so you could well be related to them.  If you want I can give you the Aussie branch of the families email via inbox
    That would be great. My uncle George was a research director for film documentaries so he might be interested. Cheers

Does this mean I'm ITK now then?
  • Sponsored links:

That would be great. My uncle George was a research director for film documentaries so he might be interested. Cheers

Does this mean I'm ITK now then?
    I'll look into it. 
    You won't find it in any blokes public toilets 

;)

• Is that Arthur Sheppard's medal? If it is they spelled his name wrong.
  • Fascinating read.

I love the fact all this Club history is being unearthed.
  • They have.

The family spell it Sheppard
  • They have.

The family spell it Sheppard
    Indeed. 

Arthur was my step-grandfather, I'd be very interested to know where the medal came from.
  • From his grandson in Wigan. I can put you in touch?
  • From his grandson in Wigan. I can put you in touch?
    Who needs Davina...👍...love this CL family...☺️😉
  • The apostrophe though :-(
  • The family are now back in Oz but have sent this photos.  @i_b_b_o_r_g

This is Fred "Snowy" Marshall's Wedding photo from 1911 which shows where he got his nickname.

Most of the family are named but the interest for us is who are others?

Is it possible that some are his Charlton team mates?

And are they Royal Artillery uniforms @Blitzwalker @spiritof1947

On a wider point of interest this is a working class family wedding in 1911.  They lived on Woolwich Rd so this may be the back garden of their house.  The clothes, haircuts and hats are a glimpse at a bit of life as it was before the Great war and one many of our grandparents and great grandparents would have been familiar with.