Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is your preferred number one now we have signed Amos?

Comments

• Options
    Philips
    Philips is Charltons No 1 as far as I am concerned , Amos can have a run out in the cups 
  • Options
    Phillips..he has the shirt 
  • Options
    Philips
    Phillips, and I hope he's allowed to make a couple of errors without getting dropped.
  • Options
    Amos
    Great goalie. Feel sorry for Dillon.
  • Options
    Philips
    Dill has earned the starting spot. Up to him to maintain it
  • Options
    Philips
    dillon to start
  • Options
    Philips
    The way I see it it's Dillon's to lose
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Philips
    Phillips has the shirt to lose after his performances last season. The more I think about Wembley, the more blame I attribute to Naby. But I also think it may have helped us in the end. That can only be a guess, but we know it didn't stop us winning :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Philips
    Phillips to start but I think Amos is the better keeper and will get in the side at some point.
  • Options
    No preference. We won't see them in pre season training but it's Dillon's shirt to lose ATM. However if Ben performs to the same level he did the season before last it'll be too close a call and purely down to form, so I abstain.
  • Options
    Philips
    Phillips for me. He improved so much last season he has clearly got a lot of confidence as shown in the dressing room scenes at Wembley. Shake it up baby!
  • Options
    Whoever LB puts in the team is ok with me. 
  • Options
    Philips
    Has to be Phillips to start with
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Philips has earned the right to start the season as our no.1, but if he falters Amos is a great alternative.

EDIT: @cabbles I voted Phillips, but it does not appear to have registered.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Amos
    Phillips

It's his shirt to lose.

EDIT: @cabbles I voted Phillips yet for some reason I'm coming up as Amos!
  • Options
    Philips
    Philips to lose
  • Options
    Philips
    It's important for Bowyer to keep Phillips in and not drop him at the first sign of faltering as it will probably be the end for Dillion if that happens. Phillips has earned the right to start but it's nice to know that we could switch it up and still be comfortable. Haven't felt like that for a long time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos
    I'm saying Amos in part to be a contrarian and in part because I really rate him. But I don't think anyone "deserves" to be anything. Phillips was excellent second half last season. But sentimentality gets you nowhere. Whoever is better in training gets the shirt. I don't like the idea that "X player is our number 1" two weeks into pre season before a ball is kicked in a competitive match. 
  • Options
    Philips
    Phillips. Worried that he will be very busy in the championship. Hope our defence surprise me though. Amos was very good during his last spell.
  • Options
    Philips
    Voted Phillips as he performed very well last season and the shirt is currently his. I'm very confident he'll make the step up the Championship and will perform well there too.

However, really I just want whoever is the best player in the best form to be our first choice keeper. Based on how Amos played for us last time he was here, there is not a lot between the two of them. So I trust Bowyer to do what is right for the team.

Possibly excluding Randolph, I would say these are the two best keepers we have had since dropping out of the Premier League (personally never rated Elliot as highly as some) so it's a very nice selection headache to have.
  • Options
    Philips
    Dillon's to lose. But with Amos there it will be easily lost. All together great signing for that reason
  • Options
    Philips
    Phillips. Being at Millwall will have probably damaged Amos considerably and he will need time to recover.
  • Options
    Philips
    Phillips has earned the opportunity.
  • Options
    Philips
    100% Phillips
  • Options
    Philips

Gone for Phillips as last season he showed vast improvement .. BUT the Wembley fuck up showed that he still has a stupid error or two waiting to come out ((:>) .. for me, goalkeeper is THE most important position in the team .. it's also a VERY unforgiving one where errors generally stand out like a sore thumb and can be very costly .. but all keepers know the old adage, 'if you can't take the heat, keep out the kitchen'
    No top keeper has ever been undone by a back pass have they?

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Philips
    Phillips for me...was patient,worked hard to get back as No1,without him between the sticks we may not have got as far as Wembley...(ok know one knows that it could or could not have worked with a.n.other Keeper to be honest)...but he was the main man of the long run we had into the PO's & that should carry on,Amos will be pushing for his place,Dills will have to work harder still,it is his place to lose,but very happy that Amos is back with us...

Cmon U Addicks...!!!
  • Options
    Philips
    Phillips has earned the opportunity initially but goalkeeper is a position where I personally believe there is a big learning curve between league 1 and the championship.  This is especially true given we will have quite a bit of pressure on our defense given our current squad.  Good to have an experienced keeper in reserve in case Dillon struggles early.