Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eamon Dunphy Cleans Up....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eamon Dunphy! Who could ever forget that Millwall team picture where he had his nob hanging out of his shorts. That's one for the older Lifers.
  • Options
    He was 28 when he joined us - no age at all today - but seemed in classic '70's style to be a rather slow "old" player then. Bit like Graham Moore in 1967, who was only 26! I think he'd even been dropped by the Irish International squad before he joined us.

But, I thought him an asset in our Third Division side in the mid '70's. He played some decent games: I remember him doing particularly well at an away game at Hereford U in April '75. We drew 2-2. Turned out to be the point that definitely guaranteed us third place.  
  • Options
    Eamon Dunphy! Who could ever forget that Millwall team picture where he had his nob hanging out of his shorts. That's one for the older Lifers.

To be fair , there were a lot of knobs in that picture.
  • Options
    He was 28 when he joined us - no age at all today - but seemed in classic '70's style to be a rather slow "old" player then. Bit like Graham Moore in 1967, who was only 26! I think he'd even been dropped by the Irish International squad before he joined us.

But, I thought him an asset in our Third Division side in the mid '70's. He played some decent games: I remember him doing particularly well at an away game at Hereford U in April '75. We drew 2-2. Turned out to be the point that definitely guaranteed us third place.  
    In Rocky Road he bemoans Foley' s dismissal and not being Nelson' s type of player, having previously been coached by him at Millwall but he said that even Nelson realised he had his 'uses' in the Third tier.

I guess that the Nelson / Millwall connection is how we signed Harry  Cripps who played a key role in the 1974/75 team.