Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FAO Large Addick

edited June 2007 in Match Day Travel
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6239788.stm

The Aborigines protest might affect your travel plans in Oz.

Comments

• thanks for that. Reading that it seems that they may stop tourists climbing Uluru which, although planning to visit, I wasn't going to do anyway out of respect to the Aborigines. They request you don't climb it but most do which IMO is disrespectful to them.
  • I have still to visit Uluru but I intend to once Ive been all the way round Australia - only the northern terrotories to go then I will drive fom Darwin to Adelaide and take in Alice Springs on route. Have a great time!
  • I climbed it. the disrepectful bit wasnt played up back then.

Mind you child abuse is pretty disrepctful to.
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I have still to visit Uluru but I intend to once Ive been all the way round Australia - only the northern terrotories to go then I will drive fom Darwin to Adelaide and take in Alice Springs on route. Have a great time!

We are driving Darwin to Alice Springs taking in a couple of national parks on the way and then the Olgas/Uluru. Then we take The Ghan from Alice to Adelaide just for the experience. If you drive Darwin to Alice before next February then please let me know of any do's and don'ts or anything that may be of interest.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I climbed it. the disrepectful bit wasnt played up back then.

Mind you child abuse is pretty disrepctful to.

I also don't want to be responsible if it collapses beneath my weight !!
  • what is the Ghan? i did mine on a greyhound...
  • 'The Ghan' is a train, runs from Darwin to Adelaide stopping at Alice. BTW, must have been a big Greyhound !!
  • Big news here.... lot of people think its politically motivated to get Howard back into power.... the problem is the aboriginies think that there going to lose there kids with the compulsory health check business ... also there a large number of petrol drinkers which obviously doesnt help matters..

Big issue