Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netball World Cup

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    NZ have some consolation for the cricket I guess!
    Yes. I don’t think any Englishman would begrudge them that.

Crazy to think that a nation of less than 5 million people were so close to being World Champions in Rugby, Netball and Cricket at the same time. 
  • Options

Crazy to think that a nation of less than 5 million people were so close to being World Champions in Rugby, Netball and Cricket at the same time. 
    Fantastic achievement in all 3 sports.
    NZ punch above their weight in Netball and Cricket.  In Rugby they normally  start favourites so that is a different ball game.

• Options

Fantastic achievement in all 3 sports.
    NZ punch above their weight in Netball and Cricket.  In Rugby they normally  start favourites so that is a different ball game.

I think they hold both women's rugby union and league world titles and were runners up in the men's rugby league too
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that there is no prize money for winning, nothing.  And there is no mention of any incentive rewards from Netball New Zealand either.  All the girls are professional players on about $NZ70-80k a year.  It’s not all about the money I guess.  Compare that to kiwi Ryan Fox who trousered about $160,000. for coming 16th equal in the recent Irish Golf Open.
  • Options
    Four of the sponsors have got together and all the NZ girls will receive a win bonus of $NZ25,000 (about £12,000).  The International Netball Fed had stated there is simply no money on the table.  There is nothing so far for the coaching staff but NetballNZ are looking into it.