Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eastbourne V Charlton Yoof

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oh dear. We are officially shite.
    Weegie - this seems like an uncharacteristically mean-spirited thing for you to say about a team of players probably no older than 16, many of whom were likely playing in their first game against adults?

Granted, Eastbourne United in Tier Nine of the pyramid probably isn't the most fearsome  "footballing" test, but the gap in experience and physical development was probably huge.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Weegie - this seems like an uncharacteristically mean-spirited thing for you to say about a team of players probably no older than 16, many of whom were likely playing in their first game against adults?

Granted, Eastbourne United in Tier Nine of the pyramid probably isn't the most fearsome  "footballing" test, but the gap in experience and physical development was probably huge.
    Thought it was the U18’s but I agree with your point. Also the pitch was more like a ploughed field which didn’t help our superior passing game but suited their long ball game.

I do think Weegie’s comment was very much tongue in cheek though. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Thought it was the U18’s but I agree with your point. Also the pitch was more like a ploughed field which didn’t help our superior passing game but suited their long ball game.

I do think Weegie’s comment was very much tongue in cheek though. 
    First years will have finished school this summer and will turn 17 this season, with the older ones turning 18 during the season.
  • Options
    Did anyone actually know that Ron Greenwood used to be Eastbourne United Manager back in the day, before West Ham, England etc.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Great to see that Steve Avory has the boys grounded!!... Simple things I know but still

Dunno looks like one of the lads might have sneakily sqyeezed the world's smallest turd out onto one of the tiles.

• Options
    We're sending a Charlton XI to another of the Eastbourne teams tomorrow night, it's being streamed live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeenA_iTKi4&feature=youtu.be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame it’s not another night as would have watched, but not instead of the first team.