Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best player you've seen play and which player would you most like to have seen?.

Comments

• Options
    George Best by a mile. 

Would have loved to have seen Gerd Mueller 
  • Options
    Seen Ronaldo
    Seen Messi

Would have loved to have seen Madonna and Best, mot sure how they'd compare in todays todays world. 

• Options
    This is going to sound mad, but the most impressive performance I've seen was by Les Ferdinand. Now I've typed it, it really does look mad, but there we are. 
  • Options
    Gazza when Spurs beat us at Selhurst 89/90 was the best individual performance I have seen.  

Would love to to have seen George Best, only time I did was in Dover St wine bar and the only dribbling he was doing was into his pint glass
  • Options
    Saw Best play for Fulham but best memories are of Simonsen at CAFC and Walsh and Hales . Of course the one I would love to have seen would have to be Sam  Bartram, the only footballer my Dad (who first like the game) knew so he must have had something special.
  • Options
    Gazza when Spurs beat us at Selhurst 89/90 was the best individual performance I have seen.  

Would love to to have seen George Best, only time I did was in Dover St wine bar and the only dribbling he was doing was into his pint glass
    I always seem to remember Mitchell Thomas changing the game completely when he came on rather than remembering what Gazza was like. I was about 11 at the time though so mind might have been playing tricks on me!
  • Options
    Best I've seen - Maradona and Zidane. Saw Best play in a testimonial but he was past it then.
    Would like to have seen Pele or Cruyff.
  • Options
    Gazza, Best and I'd put Morts at his peak in there. Puskas one before my time.
  • Options
    Best I've seen live is Messi, the guy is a machine just glides across the pitch and his vision is telepathic. 

I'd like to of seen the original Ronaldo. What a striker he was. 
  • Options
    To be truly great as mentioned before,you have to have played for charlton.

mark kinsella.

for the 14 or so consecutive games he played at centre back,Andy Todd.cleaned up like a dyson.similar to Chris Powell until he played for England.nothing went past him.player or ball.

player I wish had married my mum and passed on his genes to me.Marco van basten.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bergkamp, Zola, Henry and Ginola were all pretty useful. 
  • Options
    Saw George Best play a couple of times for Man Utd around about 1970. He was awful on both occasions. One of the times I saw him was at Chelsea. United lost two nil. I was standing among the United fans, many of whom booed hie every touch. Their opinion was that he was selfish and lazy.

• Options
    Mametz said:
    Saw George Best play a couple of times for Man Utd around about 1970. He was awful on both occasions. One of the times I saw him was at Chelsea. United lost two nil. I was standing among the United fans, many of whom booed hie every touch. Their opinion was that he was selfish and lazy.

United fans are spoilt pricks tbf 
  • Options
    Dennis Bergkamp

Neville Southall as a keeper was priceless.

Paulo Di Canio for us, head and shoulders.

Sir John Humphrey my all time favourite for us.  Top top geezer as well.
  • Options
    Cantona - seen
    Puskas - would like to have seen
    Top 10 moment, the kung fu kick on the feathered one at Sainsburys.
  • Options
    Saw Xavi and Iniesta run rings round Sevilla in the Nou Camp (Messi was rested) - passing round corners & gaps etc they could find were crazy.

Xavi ran it a bit more so I'd say that was the best individual performance I've seen. 

Giggs in the 3-3 v us was ridiculous too, it was Giggs v Charlton that day.

Would love to have seen George Best.
    The Giggs goal in the FA Cup semi against Arsenal, one of the best you'll see.
  • Options

I always seem to remember Mitchell Thomas changing the game completely when he came on rather than remembering what Gazza was like. I was about 11 at the time though so mind might have been playing tricks on me!
    Ffs, you must have started drinking at an early age.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

United fans are spoilt pricks tbf 
    It was very different back then.
  • Options
    Cristiano Ronaldo is the best I’ve seen live and most certainly a great. I can’t believe anyone would suggest otherwise. An absolute machine and the fact you look at him and think he’s still got god knows how many years left in him, makes me think he’s also changed the game. He’s the epitome of the modern footballer and an athlete in the world of football like nothing we’ve seen before.

However, the best for me is THE Ronaldo and someone I will always regret not seeing live. Just a natural player with the most beautiful technique. My all time football hero.
  • Options

Yep - I saw him there, so very sad - perched behind the bar like a ghoulish attraction - horrible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cristiano Ronaldo is the best I’ve seen live and most certainly a great. I can’t believe anyone would suggest otherwise. An absolute machine and the fact you look at him and think he’s still got god knows how many years left in him, makes me think he’s also changed the game. He’s the epitome of the modern footballer and an athlete in the world of football like nothing we’ve seen before.

However, the best for me is THE Ronaldo and someone I will always regret not seeing live. Just a natural player with the most beautiful technique. My all time football hero.
    Ronaldo over Messi all day long.

Ronaldo is the complete footballer whilst Messi scores goals.
  • Options
    Probably not popular but although never seen him live, Rooney at his best  could have been world class in half a dozen positions.
  • Options

Messi for me - more influential in changing how the game is played. 
  • Options

Ffs, you must have started drinking at an early age.
    Off my face on Top Deck shandy 
  • Options

The only time I've seen Best was leaving a bar on the Kings Road with a blonde...
  • Options
    Bobby Moore. Legend.
  • Options
    Seen Cristiano Ronaldo but not Messi who I'd love to see

Think I'd have loved to have seen Sam Bartram if anyone
  • Options
    Best player I have seen is George Best
    Best performance against Charlton is by David Ginola in the rain at The Valley
    Player I wish I had seen is Derek Ufton

• Options

Messi for me - more influential in changing how the game is played. 
    Agree. Ronaldo is leagues above anyone in the world. However Messi is out of this world. I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the game against spurs at Wembley in the CL. He ran the game from the 1st minute, every time he had the ball everyone was in complete awe. Never forget that performance was a masterclass.

But I respect Ronaldo a lot too. 
  • Options
    Brunello said:
    Best player I have seen is George Best
    Best performance against Charlton is by David Ginola in the rain at The Valley
    Player I wish I had seen is Derek Ufton

That performance by Ginola was amazing.