Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Vs Villa

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    40000 at wembley 25000 for doncaster,if there is not a decent turn out for villa a lot of so called fans need to take a good look at themselves.
    I'll go, but I've never been to a worthwhile testimonial game or pre season friendly game in my whole life (obviously because they are not a proper game).
  • Options
    How many sold?
  • Options
    How many sold?

I've bought 2.
  • Options
    the whole your not a proper fan bollocks is quite annoying, what about fans that go to the regular season matches home and away - football as far as i know is a hobby - we all know there was a hell of a lot of day trippers at wembley and when we went up everyone was getting a season ticket, chris great servant but it is a freindly - some charlton lads who do not miss a home game have a charity match that day, myself ill be at stoke at home, reading away and wigan away but not the freindly due to a pre arranged out of season piss up in brighton. 
  • Options
    There are genuine good reason why people cannot go,but the man has run through walls for this club,just pisses me off that people who can find the time and money for the glory games cant be arsed to show their appreciation for a true Charlton man.RD wont get anything out of this,but Prostate cancer charity will,so their is no reason why anyone ( unless otherwise engaged,holiday,illness etc.),should not go.
  • Options
    @thickandthin63
     completely understand what you are saying if i wasnt busy would of popped down all be it the trains being buckled and over 3000 brummies on a jolly would be quite annoying. 
  • Options
    Spent a weekend in Birmingham recently,their not a bad lot although the accent gets on your tits a bit.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    There are genuine good reason why people cannot go,but the man has run through walls for this club,just pisses me off that people who can find the time and money for the glory games cant be arsed to show their appreciation for a true Charlton man.RD wont get anything out of this,but Prostate cancer charity will,so their is no reason why anyone ( unless otherwise engaged,holiday,illness etc.),should not go.
    If you can’t go regularly for whatever reason then when you can go you’ll pick the bigger games.

If you were in that position I’m sure you’d do the same.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I think what Wembley showed is that if you give the fans something to support, they will support it. If I am going tomorrow, it will only be for Solly. The team is weaker than last seasons team as we speak so I can't see what the enjoyment factor of the game is. With the season 8 days away, we need a whole new midfield. 

Now I back Bowyer to get some decent players in when he can, but I can't get too excited about friendlies when we are still a long way off. I have zero enthusiasm for tomorrow's game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Support Solly.
  • Options
    Did anyone on here enter the competition, just wondering if the winners have been told yet and I can stop checking my emails
  • Options
    Just been online to buy tickets in the lower north sorry meant lower covered end but only a handful of tickets sold but 3  of west nealy sold out??
  • Options
    Just been online to buy tickets in the lower north sorry meant lower covered end but only a handful of tickets sold but 3  of west nealy sold out??
    How many have we sold?
  • Options
    As my cricket is going to succumb to the fucking monsoon I'll probably have to turn up for this
  • Options
    Not able to attend. Where can I make a donation?  Love Chris Solly. 
  • Options
    Buy a ticket
  • Options
    Exactly. Really disappointed by the attitude of some of our fans.
  • Options
    Buy a ticket

Buy the seat next to me please, 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That doesn't mean somebody won't sit in it if it is better than their one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Buy a ticket

Which is the seat next to you? ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If you are a manager, this game is the big one. Almost as important as a league game, in terms of getting the pieces in place for the season ahead, so as far as possible you hit the ground running. Forget about it being Solly's testimonial, it would have been a fixture even if it wasn't. The only difference is, if things work against a higher league side and you lose, it isn't an issue at the end of the day. 

For that reason, it was a good choice for Solly's testimonial. Put the most interesting pre-season game as his testimonial and he'll get well supported. The only issue is that Bowyer does not have the luxury of putting the pieces into place under this owner so in that respect the game has no interest as a game.

I will probably go to support Solly, at the very least I will buy a ticket, but I have zero enthusiasm for the game. The team is not ready - it is miles away in all honesty. Some fans may be happy with that, sorry, but I'm not. Midfield is the problem and the defence and attack needs a midfield. Just because it is Solly's testimonial, we shouldn't forget the importance of the game as a game. I feel for Bowyer, any point he picks up in the first three or four games will be a bonus. After that, maybe he will work the magic he did last season and bring in some quality on the cheap, but it isn't easy and he needs a lot of quality.

Like I said in a previous post, anything he achieves is in spite of the owner, not because of him. 
  • Options
    I know preseason results don’t really matter,  but for Solky’s sake I hope we don’t get battered!
  • Options
    Buy a ticket

Which is the seat next to you? ;)
    It’s the red one...