Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

House Advice

Comments

• Options
    I kinda feel  bad that I have just looked up the property. 

go with your gut. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I kinda feel  bad that I have just looked up the property. 
    Dont worry, the rest of us have called up the EA putting in stupid offers so any serious offers from @Robroy get rejected instantly ;)
  • Options
    @robroy how did you get on?
  • Options
    red10 said:
    @robroy how did you get on?
    I've been wondering too!
  • Options
    Waiting for someone on this thread to liken it to buying and selling a football club!
  • Options
    Thank you for all the advice 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed a smooth purchase 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Well that was bloody stressful. We won the house and it’s now ‘sold subject to contract. 

There was a lady that missed out and kicked off and was threatening to go round the house. I wrote a cover letter with my offer and apparently they loved the wording, so would highly recommend doing it. 

So its just fingers crossed until its complete. My print arrived today of the play off final, so what wall shall it go on? Haha 
    See you on the 29th of feb
  • Options
    Great to hear that you managed to win the property

Apologies for my wife kicking off though, she really did love it herself

On a serious note, what a twat that woman must be!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look for a similar house in same street, not with spec of the one you are looking at. Cost up how much it would cost (over several years) to bring it up to your fave, and bear in mind you can design out any negatives. Cost in savings on stamp duty, potential grants.
  • Options
    Look for a similar house in same street, not with spec of the one you are looking at. Cost up how much it would cost (over several years) to bring it up to your fave, and bear in mind you can design out any negatives. Cost in savings on stamp duty, potential grants.
    Why would he do that when he "won the house subject to contract" ?
  • Options
    His post was in a grey area suggesting an earlier re-post so I missed it. If he hasn't exchanged my comments are still valid. 

Covered End digging out HG again. I guess you are a nasty bully in real life.
  • Options
    CE is one of the most helpful people on the forum.
  • Options
    The most helpful bully on the forum.
  • Options
    Why dont you just do one HG. This must be the 3rd thread I've seen you have nasty & pointless digs at people. 

CE was (politely) pointing out that the OP?had just had his bid accepted so why would he want to buy a fixer upper. I'll give you the benefit & say you may have x- posted or not seen the update.....if so all you needed to say to CE was..."sorry, didnt see update- my mistake"
  • Options
    By the way OP (and surprised no-one yet has asked) what did you bid in the end...??
  • Options
    CE is one of the most helpful people on the forum.
    Correction.

@Covered End is THE most helpful person on this forum.
  • Options
    Frankie Knuckles is probably where you want to start, Carl Cox for the domestic beginnings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His post was in a grey area suggesting an earlier re-post so I missed it. If he hasn't exchanged my comments are still valid. 

Didn’t look like there were too many houses in the street to pick one to do that too, even if he were so inclined. Not everyone wants a doer upper.
  • Options

If you meet him you would know you could not be further from the truth 
  • Options
    @Curb_It it’s still going through. Touch wood 😃
  • Options
    Good luck.  Keep us posted.  Beautiful house. 
  • Options

Give your head a wobble 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    So we exchanged today and complete tomorrow. 

That was touch and go. 

I can now get excited now!!!!!! very happy 
    Brilliant, that was very quick.
    When's the CL house warming party ?
  • Options
    Congratulations! I hope you will all be very happy in your wonderful new home. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys. 

House warming hudds away lol? 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Thanks guys. 

House warming hudds away lol? 
    Feb 29th mate
    Im thinking about staying up from the sheff Wed game , so you might have me for four nights.
    Hope all goes well tomorrow.