Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Oshilaja - gone to Burton Albion (p10)

Comments

• Options
    Another left footed centre half though. Likes to play the ball out from the back, very similar to Naby 
    Way to build a guy up
  • Options
    GK: Phillips, Amos
    RB: Dijksteel, Solly
    RCB: Lockyer, Oshilaja
    LCB: Sarr, Pearce
    LB: Purrington, Page
    CDM: Pratley
    CM: JFC, Morgan, Williams, Lapslie
    CAM: Aneke
    ST: Taylor, Bonne

To achieve our two players for every position in the starting XI, we need two more strikers and one more CAM. Then maybe add some more quality at CM. We’re getting there
    No maybe about it, definitely need 2/3 quality players at DM and CM.
  • Options

To achieve our two players for every position in the starting XI, we need two more strikers and one more CAM. Then maybe add some more quality at CM. We’re getting there
    Might as well forget Morgan for now seeing that he'll be going on loan
  • Options

To achieve our two players for every position in the starting XI, we need two more strikers, one more at CDM and one more CAM. Then maybe add some more quality at CM. We’re getting there
    Another CDM too, and Morgan will go on loan so it's CDM, CM, CAM, ST, ST minimum
  • Options
    Another left footed centre half though. Likes to play the ball out from the back, very similar to Naby 
    Right footed according to Transfermkt. 
  • Options
    Welcome Deji and good luck. Give your all for us and you’ll be welcomed into our club. Don’t remember much about him last season but in Bow’s and Gallen we trust. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Very unusual time to announce a signing! Know nothing about him. Welcome Deji.
    They waited for Sage to get on his plane first. Good sense of humour by the cons team.
  • Options
    Do wonder what his fitness levels are like

i.e. Will Colchester or Aston Villa be his first friendly of the season meaning he'll be slightly off the pace or was he turning out for Wimbledon till a Contract got sorted?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was their fosu. Had a good season the year before last and attracted interest. Had his head turned and was disruptive. He was forced to train away from the first team since Christmas.
  • Options
    He’s been training with Luton, their fans were expecting him to eventually sign and go to Portugal with them going by tweets. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

To achieve our two players for every position in the starting XI, we need two more strikers, one more at CDM and one more CAM. Then maybe add some more quality at CM. We’re getting there
    Another CDM too, and Morgan will go on loan so it's CDM, CM, CAM, ST, ST minimum
    We're going to be fine this season!!... Five loan signings still to surely come in!! (Some maybe only until January)

Bowyer will get this side up to mid-table!!
    I won’t pretend to have heard of half the players we have signed - but I will say it feels very Charlton early / mid 90s and that works for me! On paper looks decent league one but that’s what our sides were like then 
    Its also the fact that these lads aren't being signed off the back of Spreadsheet stats

With such a tight budget and Bowyer / Gallen working away you feel they're being damned careful about who comes in
  • Options
    Heard bad things about his attitude at Wimbledon, hope it doesnt happen with us
  • Options
    He was their fosu. Had a good season the year before last and attracted interest. Had his head turned and was disruptive. He was forced to train away from the first team since Christmas.
    Had his head turnes by us? If so dont see him being an issue for us!
  • Options
    I can’t see us signing Bielik now that Deji has arrived (welcome Deji - good to have you on-board) as Bielik although signed primarily as a CDM would have provided cover for the right sided CB. I hope I’m wrong...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Agreed, wouldn’t mind a winger as an option. So 2 CMs and 2 strikers on loan, plus Oztumer and then maybe Harriott as an option. 
  • Options
    Is he any good in the air. That’s our weakness I think.
  • Options
    I can’t see us signing Bielik now that Deji has arrived (welcome Deji - good to have you on-board) as Bielik although signed primarily as a CDM would have provided cover for the right sided CB. I hope I’m wrong...
    I don’t think we will get Bielik but I don’t think this rules it out. He is a much better CM so would rather him there. 
  • Options
    I've never even heard of the guy & of course the Belgian won't let us buy the quality we need but there seems to be a lot of people happy that we've signed a league one CB that Wimbledon released. A few quality loans could make all of the difference but if LB keeps this lot up then I really will start believing that he can walk on water.
  • Options
    Good to see we are building a proper promotion squad ......

if only we were in League One 
    I somewhat agree. Maybe this is forward planning.
  • Options
    Another captain, you don’t get to be a captain with a bad attitude
    Paul Pogba? ☺️ 
  • Options
    Dunno; Bielik played so much better in Midfield for us than he did in Defence

Part of our second half performance at Wembley was down to the fact that he was able to move forwards with us having four at the back
  • Options
    Welcome Deji!
  • Options
    This is a bit of a gamble in my opinion. But Bowyer and Gallen have been bang on in their recruitment generally, so I've got faith. Think most of all, though, is that it's reflective of working with half a shoestring for a budget, relative to other teams in the league.
  • Options
    Another captain, you don’t get to be a captain with a bad attitude
    Amen to that.
    Brings me back to when we signed Youds from Bradford. He was their skipper and he made huge difference.

Always impressed when you manage to prise a captain away from their club.