Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Financial big-hitters in the Championship...

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Just read Sheffield United may be due a big cash input, their chairman has just sold his stake in his property group for more than $1bn.

Wolves have just had a big windfall, with their new chairman pledging to invest £30m in players.

West Brom likely to receive £10m-£15m from the sale of 2-3 players.

Charlton going to receive £3.8m from the sale of Darren Bent :-)

Leicester have new chairman and new manager, and Mandoric is ploughing the money in.

Preston will receive £8m from the Nugent sale

while Palace are due a windfall due to Simon Jordan selling his stakes in Haliborange

Comments

• Options
    i think next year...realistically the teams who have some sort of financial clout who will compete will be:

us (obv)
    watford (similar situation to when we went down...not selling too many players)
    sheff wed
    sheff u
    leicester i really think could be a surprise package
    wolves
    west brom
    southampton

plus stoke / preston as they are both pretty shit hot at home. dont be surprised if we dont get a result away at stoke!

i dont thinkive missed anyone out... mind you that is half the league!!!
  • Options
    Its gonna be an absolute punch up........

Thats why these young hungry players, mixed with a bit of experience could be good... but we have got to be up for one hell of a fight!!!!!!!
  • Options
    So we really must cash in on Baby Bent before he gets kicked up in the air once too often......?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]So we really must cash in on Baby Bent before he gets kicked up in the air once too often......?

No I dont mean its gonna be a literal kick off on pitch... I mean theres a lot of people vying for the big time with financial backing and its gonna be a proper dust up to get there.....;)
  • Options
    Phew! That's all right, then.

Baby Bent can stay. :-)