Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First home game attendance with and without RD in charge

Under RD’s ownership = 10,260

Under new ownership = 17,864

Comments

• Options
    +1  because i will go!
  • Options
    Is that people physically in the stadium or official attendance?

Factor in what the vistors will take and season tickets sold.
  • Options
    Sadly only one outcome on the cards.
  • Options

Think it will be higher than 10k because Stoke will take quite a few.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Not to mention 10k season tickets sold we're probably looking at around 18k once Stoke have sold out.

I really don't see a takeover happening before the Stoke game but if it did we'd probably sell out given we'll probably pull 18k even with Roland.
  • Options
    Stoke's average away support was under 2,000 last season and they have only been sent 2,000 tickets, initially.

I doubt if they will sell 3,000 plus.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    The home attendance will depend on the business that gets done before the game. If we are given a team to support, like we were last season, we will support it. Sadly, because Bowyer is a very talented young manager and pulled the proverbial rabbits out last season, it is not fair to assume he will this. If anybody can do it, he can, but he has more chance of not doing so, given the lack of support from the owner. But if he brings a few in we can get excited about - let's say for arguments sake, Cullen and Bielik as well as one or two others, interest will be sparked.

If I was a potential buyer, I would look at the support last season and Wembley in particular. The potential for our club if run well is immense. Sadly, you have to back a long way to see it being run well, even before Roland. but under Roland new depths have been reached in terms of incompetence. And if the potential peaks your interest as a potential buyer, you ultimately have to deal with the insane git!
  • Options
    The home attendance will depend on the business that gets done before the game. If we are given a team to support, like we were last season, we will support it. Sadly, because Bowyer is a very talented young manager and pulled the proverbial rabbits out last season, it is not fair to assume he will this. If anybody can do it, he can, but he has more chance of not doing so, given the lack of support from the owner. But if he brings a few in we can get excited about - let's say for arguments sake, Cullen and Bielik as well as one or two others, interest will be sparked.

If I was a potential buyer, I would look at the support last season and Wembley in particular. The potential for our club if run well is immense. Sadly, you have to back a long way to see it being run well, even before Roland. but under Roland new depths have been reached in terms of incompetence. And if the potential peaks your interest as a potential buyer, you ultimately have to deal with the insane git!
    Will probably depend on how we get on on Saturday, if Blackburn murder us and all our worst fears look like they’re becoming reality it will impact the walk up numbers.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I have always been a season ticket holder before Duchatelet, but am not now thanks to him. I have to be honest and say the team has to persuade me to go since I have given that up. The fantastic football they played and ability within the team allowed us to put the mad twat out of our minds last season. Under Slade and Gobinson, not so much, although my desire to attend won through a few times so I went to about 70% of games. In some ways, with the team being so supportable last season, it makes this season so far a massive anti-climax. If nothing changes from where we are now, I am really going to have to drag myself to the Valley this season. I expect the team to be at least as strong as our League One side - that is my starting point for this. I think we are some way off with the season about to start.
  • Options
    I don't understand this post?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If it's only S/T holders you may be right.
    If any non S/T holders and any Stoke fans turn up then your about 5,000 out.
    There will be a minimum 15,000.
  • Options
    Stoke's average away support was under 2,000 last season and they have only been sent 2,000 tickets, initially.

I doubt if they will sell 3,000 plus.

Got a feeling Stoke might sell this one out without any inside info or knowledge of sales to date. Stoke have always travelled well to The Valley in terms of numbers, they're still running free coach travel, it's the first away game of the season for them, and it's London based and they've not been to The Valley in 12 years so for many of them it will be a first time visit or first in quite some time. All these factors I think will take them past the average away support of under 2,000. If they get off to a winning start at home and we get taken to the cleaners at Blackburn this might also entice a few more out on the basis of smelling blood and a great chance of a win.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    A lot of away fans like visiting the Valley. It is a proper arena to watch football, especially with a big crowd. The Doncaster away game illustrated what a great venue it can be. It always makes me laugh when you get Barnsley or Blackburn fans telling us it is a shithole and they want to go home.

Changing the subject a bit, but the Championship seems to have more than its fair share of shit holes this season!
  • Options
    Under Roland-13,379
    Under New Owner-Would hope it'd break the 20,000 mark
  • Options
    Under Roland 16,271
    A new owner 20,033
  • Options
    The first attendance after Roland will be a Conference South record.