Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Police chase in Sidcup

Just almost got hit by a car being chased by police right near my house in Sidcup. The car behind me got hit. 2 kids got out the back of it in tears. The family are so shaken. They were supposed to be driving to the airport to go on holiday this afternoon.  If my car was big enough I'd drive them myself.  I can now hear the helicopter overhead. I think the police lost the car they were chasing, as lots of police cars with no lights kept on circling past where we were with the family just staring and carrying on going past.  Hope other Sidcuppers are safe as the driver was not giving a crap who he was hitting. it was a big white BMW. 

Comments

• What end of Sidcup?
  • From the parkeun/running thread last night...prime suspect...

Spotted @AFKABartram pounding the pavements in Sidcup this evening, light blue t shirt, pink / orange shorts and sunglasses, a slight to behold.

Was thinking the same thing.
  • What end of Sidcup?
    Halfway Street/Days Lane/Avery Hill End
  • Heard the helicopter this morning. Thought it was early for aggro
  • Not sure if same one but on Blackfen road about 10:30 last night there was a white BMW pulled over. Two police cars blocking it and another two coming down the road. Hopefully same person and he was caught?
  • andyg90 said:
    Not sure if same one but on Blackfen road about 10:30 last night there was a white BMW pulled over. Two police cars blocking it and another two coming down the road. Hopefully same person and he was caught?

wow - sounds like they blocked him all night until 7.30am when he took off again? or a coincidence? maybe whoever tasks these thieves with getting cars for them are targeting the same make/model. 

anyway, the sun has come out, the helicopter has left and Sidcup is back to normal. 
  • Heard the helicopter this morning. Thought it was early for aggro
    the riff raff travelled over from the other side of the A2...
  • They must have taken a wrong turning for Bexleyheath
  • Sponsored links:

• They must have taken a wrong turning for Bexleyheath
    That's what I thought when it was happening. 
  • Out of curiousity what is Sidcup like these days? I know there is fuck all there but what is it like to live? 
  • Out of curiousity what is Sidcup like these days? I know there is fuck all there but what is it like to live? 
    Great place, love it. Massively undervalued imo in comparison to other places for not having a tube / DLR link, yet you can get to London Bridge in less than 20 mins. Has good schools, loads of great restaurants, variation of bars, well positioned for A2 and A20, green spaces and less crime than other areas. 

And the occassional police chase in the morning :-)
    Great place, love it. Massively undervalued imo in comparison to other places for not having a tube / DLR link, yet you can get to London Bridge in less than 20 mins. Has good schools, loads of great restaurants, variation of bars, well positioned for A2 and A20, green spaces and less crime than other areas. 

Alrite, Jasmine Harman

It's no Erith.

Great restaurants? It really must have changed since I left!

Very nice Indian restaurant, cant remember the name but its along a bit from the old police station, opposite the pub that I cant remember the name of. (I'm not from around them parts)

Very nice Indian restaurant, cant remember the name but its along a bit from the old police station, opposite the pub that I cant remember the name of. (I'm not from around them parts)
    Yeah thats been there forever. Moghul it’s called and the pub is the hilltop tap fka the portrait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to the Moghul a few years ago and it wasn't all that. Has it improved recently?

I’ve probably 15-20 restaurants within walking distance I’d happily eat in. The stretch either side of the station is excellent for variety - Curry Mahal, Chez Pascal, Hello Burger, Toscana, The Elephant, El Bandito, Sophie’s Choice, Appleyard, Mario’s Pizza, Jalsha. That’s 10 restaurants in 200 yards and 9 different cuisines, all reasonably priced.

High St has all the chains (Prezzo, Pizza Express, Harvester) as well as good small ones like Walnuts, Mogul etc, couple of good tapas down Halfway St and Oval. Four decent micro pubs (Hangar, Hackney Carriage, Hoppers Hut, Halfway House) have popped up in last few years to compliment the existing pubs and are doing well. 

Family run chippy in the High St that opened a couple of years ago is awesome. All thats missing is a decent Chinese.

im hungry now :-)

When he says “Great Restaurants” he means Kebab houses with an eat in option! ;)
  • Heard the helicopter over new Eltham wondered what it was all about hope the family are okay.
  • T_C_E said:
    Out of curiousity what is Sidcup like these days? I know there is fuck all there but what is it like to live? 

When he says “Great Restaurants” he means Kebab houses with an eat in option! ;)
    There’s actually an excellent kebab shop next door to Prezzo, same family who own Walnuts a few along.

I’ve probably 15-20 restaurants within walking distance I’d happily eat in. The stretch either side of the station is excellent for variety - Curry Mahal, Chez Pascal, Hello Burger, Toscana, The Elephant, El Bandito, Sophie’s Choice, Appleyard, Mario’s Pizza, Jalsha. That’s 10 restaurants in 200 yards and 9 different cuisines, all reasonably priced.

High St has all the chains (Prezzo, Pizza Express, Harvester) as well as good small ones like Walnuts, Mogul etc, couple of good tapas down Halfway St and Oval. Four decent micro pubs (Hangar, Hackney Carriage, Hoppers Hut, Halfway House) have popped up in last few years to compliment the existing pubs and are doing well. 

Family run chippy in the High St that opened a couple of years ago is awesome. All thats missing is a decent Chinese.

im hungry now :-)
    I always thought that “ Sophie’s Choice” was a fairly tasteless ( forgive the pun ) name  for a restaurant given the content of the novel and film after which it is presumably titled.
  • Was in Sidcup recently - a lot nicer than I remember it. 
  • Didn't realise AFKA worked for Time Out - Sidcup edition.
  • Though I lament the loss of Marlowe Rooms for my late night Chaka Demus wiggle, the replacement Premier Inn building with Costa, The Elephant & Kaspas is much more aesthetically pleasing and brings a lot more to that corner. The Premier Inn is always full. 
  • I love working in Sidcup Police Station back in the day. 
    Better class of ner do well there. 
    I suppose it’s flats now?

Marlowe Rooms, now that place can tell a few stories. Mr O & I had our first Christmas do there with the troops, got to be nearly 30 yrs ago!