Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So what do we know about Robin Friday ?

Saw him mentioned in the Lawro thread. Never heard of him.

So educate me with everything there is to know about this man....

Comments

• Options
    Played for Reading, there's a book about him.

The greatest player you never saw/heard of. Something like that.

He makes hell-raisers look decidedly tame. And as was pointed out, once took a shit in Mark Lawrenson's kit bag.
  • Options
    Get a large bowel and add the following ingredients :

Best
    Cantona
    Hurrican Higgins
    Hales
    Collymore

and you end up with Robin Friday.

His book is well worth a read.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Friday

Couldn't have put a description better myself than Glass half empty.

A total mentalist. The best player you never saw is his book and you won't put it down from start to finish
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Don't_Give_a_Fuck
  • Options
    Buy the book AFKA, you won't regret it.
  • Options
    My Reading mate tells me all about him - very talented player, absolute fruitcake apparently - a law unto himself and no manager could do anything with him, totally wild and a pisshead.

Of course, in time honoured tradition, he's dead.
  • Options
    Very good book.
  • Options
    should have been a rock star then he would be a legend rather than a slightly famous footballer that wasted his obvious talent
  • Options
    Is that when scousers go out pillaging? Just bfore the weekend like?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was having a row with one of the gangers at work today about this bloke, he said Friday was overrated, didn't think you could be overrated if you were underrated?

Anyways this guy reckoned Friday's antics in late night eateries in the Thames Valley would put Lee Bowyer to shame
  • Options
    Superb read - probably the best footie player life story I have read.
  • Options
    chicago i will agree with that statement it is the best book i have read about a footballer

sounded like a great player and a real charecter
  • Options
    I seem to remember the book was a very good read, written bizzarely enough by Oasis's original bass player
  • Options
    Nah it was Oasis' photgrapher or something like that Paolo something
  • Options
    Big William is right, was at least partially written by 'Guigsy' (excuse the spelling), formally of Oasis.

Cracking book.
  • Options
    I doff my cap to thee, I must be confused in my old age. Cracking book though
  • Options
    Paulo Hewitt I believe was the co-author.
  • Options
    got the book for my birthday last year

the guy was proper mad , got in the game late on and wouldn't take crap from anyone . Mad things include getting married while he was at reading and sitting on the steps of the church with a TV reporter smoking a joint then taking his honeymoon in amsterdam .

Would very rarely turn up for training on a monday and was found in his brothers flat by the reading manager taking acid .

Used to get picked up and dropped off on a motorway layby for away games and instead of his club suit would prefer to wear a pair of ripped up flaired jeans and a dirty old skynard t-shirt.

Book is well worth a read
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Saw him mentioned in the Lawro thread. Never heard of him.

So educate me with everything there is to know about this man....

If i can find my copy of the above mentioned book i'll lend it to you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Found my copy of this last night in a shoebox bizarely

Want a butchers smudge I'll bring it to the next home game
  • Options
    Scored the greatest goal never filmed apparently
  • Options
    butcher's smudge????? never heard that one what's it mean?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]butcher's smudge????? never heard that one what's it mean?

Would you like a look AFKA ;-)