Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++ Beram Kayal signs a season long loan (ed. oh no he doesn't)++

Comments

• edited August 2019
    class signing. So that's why Bowyer and Gallen were at the Crawley v Brighton friendly a few weeks ago!
  • can anyone confirm his shirt number, I can see from the twitter thing that is twenty something but twenty what?
  • From my Celtic mate (one bit slighly edited):

In 2010-2011, just after he signed, Kayal was our new greatest hope, the new Petrov / Ki Sung-Yueng / Wanyama in terms of a talent followed by an 8 figure transfer fee.

Captain, hero, destined for greatness, then he suffered a really bad injury caused by Rangers' Lee McCulloch.  He was never really quite the same again for us.  He hung around for another 3 or so years after that, but never touched the heights of his first year.  We ended up punting him for next to nothing.

I believe he did ok for Brighton though, didn’t really follow what he was up to.  If you get the 2010-2011 Kayal then he’ll be awesome.  2011-2014 Kayal less so.  There’s definitely a player in there though…energetic combative box to box midfielder with a decent strike on him.

• From my Celtic mate (one bit slighly edited):

In 2010-2011, just after he signed, Kayal was our new greatest hope, the new Petrov / Ki Sung-Yueng / Wanyama in terms of a talent followed by an 8 figure transfer fee.

Captain, hero, destined for greatness, then he suffered a really bad injury caused by Rangers' Lee McCulloch.  He was never really quite the same again for us.  He hung around for another 3 or so years after that, but never touched the heights of his first year.  We ended up punting him for next to nothing.

I believe he did ok for Brighton though, didn’t really follow what he was up to.  If you get the 2010-2011 Kayal then he’ll be awesome.  2011-2014 Kayal less so.  There’s definitely a player in there though…energetic combative box to box midfielder with a decent strike on him.

My mate also said he was unlucky with injuries.
  • Glass now definitely half full rather than half empty. Great signings over the last few days. Looking forward to The Valley rocking tomorrow 
  • Remember seeing a post yesterday saying he was a pointless signing loool, but his probably now the most talented player in our squad, one of the rare players we have that is a proven Championship quality. 
  • IR94 said:
    Remember seeing a post yesterday saying he was a pointless signing loool, but his probably now the most talented player in our squad, one of the rare players we have that is a proven Championship quality. 
    If Bowyer is salivating after signing Kayal, then he's evidently got the qualities we need.

• Sponsored links:

• Wow...not good enough foe 1st team or bench. Improvement required!
  • More like hasn't trained with the squad yet and Bowyer doesn't want to throw him in straight away. Cullen at least will know the squad and tactics from last season, and Leko is only starting because we're desperate for strikers and he wants pace up alongside Taylor
  • Guys...get another pre match beer and you'll realise it was written out of excited cheek ;)
  • mendonca said:
    Wow...not good enough foe 1st team or bench. Improvement required!
    You’re right, we should just send him back. 
  • I can’t wait to see this fella pull on the shirt, think he could be immense alongside Cullen,
  • Bow’s said he’s got a minor injury.

No idea how long for but I doubt it’ll be for long. Either way, can’t wait to add his ability in our midfield.
  • Sage said:
    Bow’s said he’s got a minor injury.

No idea how long for but I doubt it’ll be for long. Either way, can’t wait to add his ability in our midfield.
    Wonder if we were so desperate to get him in we forgot to medical haha! 

I'm sure it will be fine. 
  • Its wierd as I would say it is Pratleys spot to lose at the moment. But Kayal sounds different gravy so maybe he goes straight in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Kayal is currently injured so won't be ready for a few weeks at least.
  • Charltonised already them😉
  • Kayal is currently injured so won't be ready for a few weeks at least.
    Not that minor an injury, then?
  • Not sure, Bowyer said it’s nothing major but he’s not sure whether it will be a week, 2 weeks or a month.
  • Beram Kayal did arrive from Brighton on a season-long loan but he has a slight injury.

“He’s not completely fit but I accept that though – he’s a great player,” said Bowyer. “If I’m going to lose him for a week or two weeks or a month – I don’t think it is going to be long – but I can have him for the next seven then I’ll accept that.

https://t.co/b8FcDWzxkn

• Beram Kayal did arrive from Brighton on a season-long loan but he has a slight injury.

“He’s not completely fit but I accept that though – he’s a great player,” said Bowyer. “If I’m going to lose him for a week or two weeks or a month – I don’t think it is going to be long – but I can have him for the next seven then I’ll accept that.

“It’s nothing major. He is a very good midfielder.”

• Chatting to another Brighton fan last night (there's quite a few down here) told me that we have got an excellent player in Beram and if given the choice would have kept him instead of Dale.