Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the squad changes so far meet with my approval

i have to say that i definitely get a feeling that we're building a team that will be 'no-nonsense, something to prove' from the off...mix in the experience of those that survive to start the season with us with the hunger of the players signed so far and i think pardew might have hit upon a winning formulae...carry on that man...

Comments

• Options
    let the good times roll eh?

Can't wait for the start of the season
  • Options
    Have to agree, feeling rather excited about next year now that the dead wood that took us down are slowly being moved out.
  • Options
    i think pards signings have been very positive and when we sign a couple of midfielders and a few others, all the worriers will be calmed, and we will march smoothly into the next campaign!
  • Options
    Most of Pards signings, with the exception of Ben Thatcher have been relatively inexperienced players, there are still players to come in (keeper, midfielders etc), I don't think we'll know the true worth of these signings for a couple of years and I'd like to see the likes of Varney, Iwulemo, Semedo etc play before I pass any judgement.
  • Options
    Agreed, BFR. I'm finding it difficult to get too excited about a bunch of players I've never heard of and/ or never seen play. I'm hoping there's more to them than 90 secs on You Tube. Mind you, jury's still out for me on Ben Thatcher after Blackburn away and Magic from what I've seen of him so far...

(OMG, I'm worried I'm turning into Ooh Aah Mortimer...)
  • Options
    The fact we're signing players i've never heard of, from places i've never heard of (Chateauroux, Leicester etc) makes it even more exciting for me.

Its like following Welling....
  • Options
    I got a feeling Pardew is going to sign an experienced midfielder and bring through Josh Wright from the Academy. I know someone whos quite close mates with Josh and it sounds postitive what Pardews been saying to him. Wants him to continue playing high level in reserves and looking for 1/2 month loan deal so hes ready for competing at first team before January. Same things being said to a few of the academy i've heard. Harry Arter I can imagine is one of them.

I reckon an experienced keeper will come in. Someone who we all heard of who can do the job without any worries. But I feel Randolph will be ready to step in if he starts playing poorly.
  • Options
    surely only semedo and moutouakil are the only inexperienced signings, all the rest have quite a lot of league experience. we need a squad for the ccc and not the Prem, and West Brom are the perfect example. they had the best players in the ccc by a distance and thought they'd stroll it, but other teams had better balance and went past them.