Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dartford on Lockdown!

The centre of Dartford was sealed off on Wednesday after a suspect package was discovered at the county court.

Police sealed off Home Gardens following the alert at 9.42am.

Officers closed roads between East Hill and the junction of Prospect Place. Overy Street was also closed off.

Bomb disposal experts from Colchester arrived at the scene at around 11.30am.

A police spokeswoman said: "We had to seal off the town centre and advised people that they should not go into Dartford at all.

"When army experts got to the scene they carried out a thorough examination of the suspicious object."

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Bomb disposal experts from Colchester arrived at the scene at around 11.30am.

That'll teach up to shut down the Bomb Disposal place that used to be in Stone. They'd have been there at 10am!!
  • Plus, it was probably just someone's shopping.

They closed down Gravesend town centre for almost the whole day a couple of months back. It turned out someone had left their bag of shopping outside McDonalds! Cabbies were in uproar over it as everyone buggered off home and they couldn't make any money.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"When army experts got to the scene they carried out a thorough examination of the suspicious object."

Was it a hatch back that hadn't been sooped up?
  • Town full of Pikeys, it's just a town full of pikeys !

Was on my way to college at the time, saw that something had happened so i buggered off back home.

Last day of college anyway so won't have to go back to Dartford for at least a few months.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]Town full of Pikeys, it's just a town full of pikeys !

Was on my way to college at the time, saw that something had happened so i buggered off back home.

Last day of college anyway so won't have to go back to Dartford for at least a few months.
    See you in Zens on Friday mate