Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Save the "Hospitality 7"

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
What with all this "outrage" guff about the axing of one of the clubs third rate teams, I'm starting up an action group to save the "Hospitality 7".

By my reckoning, i.e. picking a number out of thin air because I know no more than the rest of you - which seems to be the accepted practice, there are at least 7 jobs likely to be axed in the hospitality and catering area of the club. This could well be your favourite friendly pie seller on the concourse - so it affects us all. Think about it, staff numbers go down, queue sizes go up, less pies get eaten - nobody wins.

Then of course there's our world famous "Pie in the community" scheme that will undubtedly suffer if we limited the number of pies that have the opportunity of being involved in a proper full-time professional set up. Think of the uproar there will be in the UN if they get wind of that!

Don't dealy people - act today. Those in favour of fully maintaining the hospitality department on last years budget say "aye".

If we get enough support I am hoping to present a printout of this to our Gordon and demand that he takes legislative action immediately to stop this outrage.

Comments

• i'll sign up if my favourite concourse seller has been saved.

Me: Do you sell chips ?

Her: Yes. Cheese & Onion, Salt n Vinegar and Ready Salted
  • Only if they promise to stop running out of beer at half time!
  • 21 people online, 15 guests and only one half-arsed response so far.

Come on people - the campaign is in danger of floundering at this crucial early stage. Support the cause -

SAVE THE HOSPITALITY 7
  • I told Varney and co I could double the bar takings in the East stand, I stand by that... (forgive the pun)
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite] East stand / I stand

Must be a lie.
  • if people had supported the hospitality lot from the start and actually paid to be spoilt on matchdays then maybe it would be self sufficient.

blah blah blah
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]21 people online, 15 guests and only one half-arsed response so far.

Come on people - the campaign is in danger of floundering at this crucial early stage. Support the cause -

SAVE THE HOSPITALITY 7

You've made it too narrow. What about the computer dept ?? What have they done to be neglected ??

SAVE HOSPITALITY & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

S.H.I.T
  • lol AFKA
  • you mean there is a computer debt....

;)
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]you mean there is a computer debt....

;)

Yeah, they sit around thinking new ways to crash the internet site ever day :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]

You've made it too narrow. What about the computer dept ?? What have they done to be neglected ??

SAVE HOSPITALITY & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

S.H.I.T

Believe it or not, I did actually think of that first, but then I concluded that the over-zealous thought police admin on here would only scrub my post!
    ;o)

STH7
  • 'Mr Varney,

when you opened up the East Stand concourse grot burger bar, you made a long-term committment to increase the cholestrol levels of severely under-nourished individuals. South London holds the highest level of deprivation in the whole of the Western World, and Charlton committed to 'fatting up' the local community.

To rescind on this pledge at the stage where we're all starting to get a bit bigger is not just folly, its smacks of self-interest and irresponsibility. So everyone favoured the healthier snack options available, that should not be your primary concern. You made a committment, you should stick to it.

I have been informed that the New Den offers a fantastic range of badly burnt, soggy bun burgers. I shall be taking my support, and expanding waitline to there forthwith'

Beefy, from Hungary
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Beefy, from Hungary

lol - genius!
  • Come on you lot. I'm meeting Gordon later today (when I am officially appointed into the Cabinet - but can't say too much just yet) and if I present him with this motley collection of comments I fear he wont take me seriously. Come on ...

SAVE THE HOSPITALITY 7
  • Drinks Cabinet i take it....
  • Off it

I will be delighted to support your worthy effort but do have a few challenges:
    a) are the catering staff not actually employed by an outside contractor?
    b) does not the catering contractor use transient staff
    c) such staff would probably be relieved not to have to deal with the riff raff, sorry intelligentsia they must serve
    d) the reduction of cholesterol will probably constitute a health & safety measure and receive a government grant
    e) your inability to tolerate a geniune debate on the governing principles of the club

May I politely suggest you probably need to spend more time with your prostate

Grapevine49
  • edited June 2007
    Oh wind your neck in and get a life Richard!