Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off semi v Barnsley Sat 18th May 2pm (p60)

Comments

• Options
    Is there a date for the FA Youth cup game v Brighton yet ? 
  • Options
    Wow what an assist that is  from Miles, Kevin de Bruyne (spelling?) would be proud of that.
    Good genes in that young fella!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    ross1 said:

1 goal and 2 assists for our son on Saturday v Millwall Flexed biceps#cafc #proudmumanddad
    GO, MILES !!!!!
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Is there a date for the FA Youth cup game v Brighton yet ? 
    9th Feb according to the FA website

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/youth-football/fa-youth-cup/fixtures
  • Options
    FYI Bower is a left back and is also playing up a year.  Lots of potential in those scorers

Miles missed the first few months of the season with an injury and then caught Covid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not not quite right swisdom
    henry rylah is the only player in that list playing above age group, but josh is also like you said earlier an u16 and a quality player 
  • Options
    After 20 games...      

Scorers

Goals
    Daniel KANU 26
    Jason ADIGUN 10
    Mack REILLY 8
    Miles LEABURN 7
    Tolu LADAPO 6
    Toby BOWER 6
    Tyreece CAMPBELL 3
    Ryan HUKE 2
    Henry RYLAH 1
    Karoy ANDERSON 1
    Harvey KEDWELL 1
    Oliver HOBDEN 1
    Sahid KAMARA 1
    Own Goals 2

*Goal vs. Crewe unaccounted for.
    Impressive from Kanu, let's hope he keeps his early promise, we have had lots of forwards who have scored a lot of goals in the youth teams and never break through and drop out of football. Some just develop early, and once the other lads catch up, they are found out a little bit!

• Options
    Who was the youth player who scored something like a thousand goals aand what became of him?
  • Options
    Alex Willis scored a lot and is now in USA at not much of a level as I recall. 
    Varney banged them in for a while then the last I saw him was playing for a 6th division Bromley and Orpington Sunday League side!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Alex Willis scored a lot and is now in USA at not much of a level as I recall. 
    Varney banged them in for a while then the last I saw him was playing for a 6th division Bromley and Orpington Sunday League side!
    Alex is still playing College Football out there - Dont know if he's impressing at a level high enough to end up in the MLS Draft though at some point as not sure how it completely works out in the States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_49ers_men's_soccer
    https://charlotte49ers.com/sports/mens-soccer/roster/alex-willis/7937
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Great chance for Man Utd and Villa to have a closer look at the players they’re considering poaching 😉 
    I know you're joking (going by the emoji), but if anyone thinks its a bad idea taking part because of this reason - They should take a look at the comment on the Burstow thread... "Everyone's heard of Burstow" - If any decent kids are going up there, am sure United and Villa will already know about them :)
  • Options
    Great experience for the U16s and shows the standing the academy has in the football world.

If if if we get cat 1 we'll be playing this sort of team every week.

Sort it out @Swisdom 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Great chance for Man Utd and Villa to have a closer look at the players they’re considering poaching 😉 
    I know you're joking (going by the emoji), but if anyone thinks its a bad idea taking part because of this reason - They should take a look at the comment on the Burstow thread... "Everyone's heard of Burstow" - If any decent kids are going up there, am sure United and Villa will already know about them :)
    Yep, all clubs at that level will or should know who our better u23s, u18s and u16s are. I’d want us to do the same if we ever get back to the Prem.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    A mate of mine works for a premier league club academy, he knows most of the Charlton under 18 because he hears them being mentioned by the other academy boys. Most of the lads probably know each other in the London area.
  • Options
    Justafan said:
    U16 drew 1-1 with Man Utd and beat villa 2-1 today 
    very well done boys
    Excellent. 

What was the Villa v Man Utd score, do you know? @Justafan

U18s were due to play Tottenham today but no idea of the score.
  • Options
    Justafan said:
    U16 drew 1-1 with Man Utd and beat villa 2-1 today 
    very well done boys
    Excellent. 

What was the Villa v Man Utd score, do you know? @Justafan

U18s were due to play Tottenham today but no idea of the score.
    Villa won 2-1
  • Options
    I didn't know that Kevin Lisbie's twin sons play for Watford U18s. One of them (Kyreece) scored a hat-trick on Saturday.
  • Options
    For some reason i pencilled in the team playing at 11 am today was being filmed live, guess i got it wrong can't find it anywhere.