Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18's updates - 23/24 season (from p49), play-off semi v Barnsley Sat 18th May 2pm (p60)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Trialist has lived up to his family name really well with that penalty

His Mum and Brothers will be proud
  • Options
    Damn... Hard luck Enslin
  • Options
    Barnsley ✔✔✔✔✔✔
    Charlton ✔✔✔✔✔❌(Enslin - saved by the keeper.)
  • Options
    Very poor penalty from Enslin, who to be honest has looked a bit off the pace since he came on
  • Options
    What a shame.
  • Options
    Nice to see Karoy Anderson going straight up to comfort him.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    We will win the Final again one day... Thats the third Final we've lost on the trot now

Credit to the whole setup though, 2018-19 is the only year we've failed to make the Play-Offs
  • Options
    That is heartbreaking, but a great season nonetheless 
  • Options
    Gutted for them 😓
  • Options
    Well done to the ref- two assists.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heart breaking end to the game. Feel for the lad 💔
  • Options
    True Charlton "luck".

Well done lads.
  • Options
    Unlucky lads, it really could not have been any closer.
  • Options

Well done to the ref- two assists.
    The second one a real howler

• Options
    I've no massive complaints about the penalty award, as the ball wasn't hit strongly at our player, but the non award of a foul in the build up to their second was poor.
  • Options
    Real shame, good game spoilt by having a pen shoot out, we deserved to be well out of sight before they equalised, well done one and all...
  • Options
    Good game well played, but that should never have been a corner for their second.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Well played the young'uns for getting all the way to the final.  They have done our club proud.  I didn't get to watch but sound massively unlucky we did not go on to win.

In the next few days some of these lads will have their dreams realised as they sign their first pro contracts but some will sadly no doubt be released.  A tough time and I wish them all well.

• Options
    I fu*king hate pen shoot outs, I know it's rules but..😫
    Rotten way to settle a national title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My take on it was that once we went 2-1 up in et, we were pulling out every trick in the book to waste time and once the ref cottons on to that, you rarely get anything from them, so I wasn't surprised he didn't give a foul. I really hated seeing our lads doing this shit, instead of just playing their game.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    My take on it was that once we went 2-1 up in et, we were pulling out every trick in the book to waste time and once the ref cottons on to that, you rarely get anything from them*, so I wasn't surprised he didn't give a foul. I really hated seeing our lads doing this shit, instead of just playing their game.

* except when other teams do it to us, then they get away with fucking murder…
  • Options

Then Pat Casey's sublime header put us on the front foot for the first time and it was a question of whether we could hold on....but as soon as their BFG, no 15 entered the field of play, we had a feeling his presence could be crucial.
    Glad you enjoyed it Jean, a long way to go for a U18 game albeit a national final, all credit to you and this Addicks that made the journey. 

I agree that big number 15 added some aggression to what was a very direct Barnsley side. 

The better footballing side definitely lost the game to the lottery of penalties, which I admit I couldn't bring myself to watch. Btw Hobden got out second, the commentator mistakenly reported it was Casey and then corrected herself later. Both our goals were a credit to a good footballing side, albeit we nearly undid ourselves a few times trying to play silly balls out from the back. Now for a fourth title 😊
  • Options
    That’s very good news. 
  • Options
    Wonderful news. Promising player.  Well done Nathan