Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 18's updates - 24/25 season (from p71)

Comments

• 1–0 and who was it?

DK
  • Just his 28th goal of the season
  • Swisdom said:
    Ones to watch

Ladapo has lots of tricks and can beat a man
    Adigun has great energy and good passing
    Reilly always catches the eye but a bit unorthodox
    Bower has a delicious delivery with his left foot
    Campbell is jet-heeled and very quick off the mark
    Kanu extraordinary finisher 
    Asimwe will always offer an option on the right
    Anderson is very strong and tidy on the ball

to be honest this is an extremely talented bunch and no obvious weak links.  I really enjoy watching them
    Bower seems to go under the radar due to all the forward talent but he’s always really impressed me. 

I can see why we have high hopes for Anderson.
  • Quality all over the pitch
  • Swisdom said:
    Ones to watch

Ladapo has lots of tricks and can beat a man
    Adigun has great energy and good passing
    Reilly always catches the eye but a bit unorthodox
    Bower has a delicious delivery with his left foot
    Campbell is jet-heeled and very quick off the mark
    Kanu extraordinary finisher 
    Asimwe will always offer an option on the right
    Anderson is very strong and tidy on the ball

to be honest this is an extremely talented bunch and no obvious weak links.  I really enjoy watching them
    Bower seems to go under the radar due to all the forward talent but he’s always really impressed me. 

I can see why we have high hopes for Anderson.
    I’m a rascal for a good left footer but Bower has a wand.  His free kicks are very dangerous
  • Typical Charlton, 1-1
  • This is getting a bit messy now, misplaced passes, and Accers are more in it now when we should have been a couple up on chances 
  • Why is he not playing for the U23s out of interest? He's clearly too good for U18 level and has 2 in 2 sub apps for u23s if im not mistaken? Get him in the u23s and as soon as he has signed a contract, Get him amongst the first team squad. This kid looks the real deal!
  • Bugger - Missed the goal whilst sorting my dinner 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    Why is he not playing for the U23s out of interest? He's clearly too good for U18 level and has 2 in 2 sub apps for u23s if im not mistaken? Get him in the u23s and as soon as he has signed a contract, Get him amongst the first team squad. This kid looks the real deal!
    Scoring goals for fun at his own age group is doing him no harm. He’ll be with the u23’s next year and there’s no point risking his natural progression by giving him too much too soon. 
  • edited January 2022
    That's better 1-2  Adigun, now make it pay
  • Anderson looks great. Really good second goal for us.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Why is he not playing for the U23s out of interest? He's clearly too good for U18 level and has 2 in 2 sub apps for u23s if im not mistaken? Get him in the u23s and as soon as he has signed a contract, Get him amongst the first team squad. This kid looks the real deal!
    Scoring goals for fun at his own age group is doing him no harm. He’ll be with the u23’s next year and there’s no point risking his natural progression by giving him too much too soon. 
    Fair enough, will obviously give him confidence but not sure it is too much too soon if he is continuing to score every time he plays at U23 level (granted, only 2 apps). I'm not saying he is that level, but Rooney was starting and scoring for everton at this age. You don't know unless you roll the dice
  • When does Kanu get serious consideration for the first team matchday squads? It can’t be far off.
  • How are people watching it ?
  • How are people watching it ?
    CATV
  • Extremely impressed with Anderson
  • CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Fair enough, will obviously give him confidence but not sure it is too much too soon if he is continuing to score every time he plays at U23 level (granted, only 2 apps). I'm not saying he is that level, but Rooney was starting and scoring for everton at this age. You don't know unless you roll the dice
    Men’s football is completely different to youth football. Gomez was built like a man and could easily make the step up, but some players don’t have the body strength to play mens football until much older. It’s also about protecting the young players as nothing good would happen from the Shrewsbury centre half kicking lumps out of Kanu.

• edited January 2022
    How are people watching it ?

(I initially linked to the Cheltenham game lol)    

• Sponsored links:

• Some of our play has been quite beautiful.
  • edited January 2022
    When does Kanu get serious consideration for the first team matchday squads? It can’t be far off.
    EFL Trophy Group Stage next season I reckon.

Maybe an appearance towards the end of April if our position is extremely solidified.
  • When does Kanu get serious consideration for the first team matchday squads? It can’t be far off.
    Let him play u23 games for while I say. Burstow has done okay since trying to make the step up, but we have to remember it is a big step up.
  • Here we go 2nd half...reward for the winners BHA at home in next round, could be good to see that one, COYR.. B)
  • Defoe scored a hatful (18 in 29 acc to Wiki) when on loan as an 18 year old at Bournemouth in League 1 so it’s not impossible.

Love the look of Anderson and pleased to hear he has signed up. 
    Let him play u23 games for while I say. Burstow has done okay since trying to make the step up, but we have to remember it is a big step up.
    It is, but there is quite a big difference between scoring 20-odd goals a season and looking like you may be able to make the step up, and scoring 28 goals in the first half of the season. 
  • Our defense looks a little dodgy.  Kanu and Adigun are the real standouts today.
  • FT 1-2..impressive physical game from both sides..BHA next round should be good
  • We won. Good game.