Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 18's updates - 24/25 season (from p71)

Comments

• FM researcher - ??????
  • FM researcher - ??????
    The computer game Football Manager. They have a network of about 1,500 scouts/researchers that they’ve built up over the last 30+ years. As well as rating players it involves updating the club details, finances, staff members, records etc.

Some real clubs have even partnered with them and used their database, and people have got jobs in football supported by their time as a researcher.
  • Was fun, if a bit hetic showing the boys around.

Micah M'Bick looking at the FA Cup winners medals

• Sandy Tagoe gets his hands on some silverwear

• Lost 4-3 at Hull City, this morning.
  • clive said:
    Sol-Loza's first of the season. Hoping he is this season's Mbick for the Under 18's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton are playing this years U17 Premier League Cup.

They've been drawn in a group with Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham.

Beat them, they nick our players! Isn't that what happened with Kasey Palmer all those years ago.

Beat them, they nick our players! Isn't that what happened with Kasey Palmer all those years ago.
    Yeah Palmer stood out in a youth cup game against Chelsea at The Valley. He signed for them very quickly after.
  • The U18s lost 4-3 again. This time at home to Burnley.

They were 3-2 up with 5 minutes remaining.
  • The U18s have been drawn in a group with Colchester, QPR and Stevenage in the PDL cup.
  • The U18s have been drawn in a group with Colchester, QPR and Stevenage in the PDL cup.
    They played their opening group game at QPR yesterday. It ended 1-1.
  • Scoop was right as always. The U21’s selection was affected by there being the two games yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/09/11/exclusive-newcastle-sign-charlton-talent-and-beat-premier-league-rivals-to-kouossu/

Newcastle United have secured the signing of Charlton defender Lesecond Yeutembip and beaten a host of Premier League rivals to a deal for highly-rated West Brom midfielder Jayden Kouossu.

Yeutembip is a 14-year-old centre-back who comes from a Charlton Academy that has produced a number of Premier League players over the years such as Ezri Konsa, Joe Gomez, Jermaine Defoe, two fellow Mags in Scott Parker and Jonjo Shelvey along with a current Newcastle United star in Nick Pope.

The rangy defender traveled with the U15s for a pre-season event in Japan back in early August, where he featured in a defeat to a J-League youth side in Tokyo during a trial period.

• edited September 11
    https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/09/11/exclusive-newcastle-sign-charlton-talent-and-beat-premier-league-rivals-to-kouossu/

Newcastle United have secured the signing of Charlton defender Lesecond Yeutembip and beaten a host of Premier League rivals to a deal for highly-rated West Brom midfielder Jayden Kouossu.

Yeutembip is a 14-year-old centre-back who comes from a Charlton Academy that has produced a number of Premier League players over the years such as Ezri Konsa, Joe Gomez, Jermaine Defoe, two fellow Mags in Scott Parker and Jonjo Shelvey along with a current Newcastle United star in Nick Pope.

The rangy defender traveled with the U15s for a pre-season event in Japan back in early August, where he featured in a defeat to a J-League youth side in Tokyo during a trial period.

The writer is obviously not a Lee Bowyer fan then
  • https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/09/11/exclusive-newcastle-sign-charlton-talent-and-beat-premier-league-rivals-to-kouossu/

I created a thread last month so we can track his career (and argue with those not interested who still comment 😆):

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/98335/lesecond-yeutembip-academy-centre-back-signs-for-newcastle
  • edited September 11
    Huh very weird that they’ve presented it as a brand new signing when it’s been over a month since they first wrote about it. Guessing they didn’t have too much to say about the WBA lad so packaged it up with Yeutembip to make a more substantial article.
  • I wonder what the driver of his move was? 

At that age aren't they all paid the same minimal costs (I am probably being naive). 

If his family was moving up north anyway then fair enough, if the move is purely down to a 14yr old changing clubs it is odd to me. 

Newcastle clearly a bigger club but our record of brining through kids is second to none and as a parent/advisor I would be telling him to stay put, where he is hopefully happy and comfortable, and consider options at 16/17 when he is a bit older and starting to think of a meaningful contract to sign.
  • edited September 11
    I wonder what the driver of his move was? 

At that age aren't they all paid the same minimal costs (I am probably being naive). 

If his family was moving up north anyway then fair enough, if the move is purely down to a 14yr old changing clubs it is odd to me. 

Newcastle clearly a bigger club but our record of brining through kids is second to none and as a parent/advisor I would be telling him to stay put, where he is hopefully happy and comfortable, and consider options at 16/17 when he is a bit older and starting to think of a meaningful contract to sign.
    I guess as well as money once they turn pro at 17 there’s the argument for better facilities, coaching and game time at a higher level (even if only on loan). I’d say it’s worked out for players like Beadle, Ramazani and Sarmiento so far. Even Burstow would arguably say he’s progressed more than he would have done with us.
  • Scoham said:
    I wonder what the driver of his move was? 

I guess as well as money once they turn pro at 17 there’s the argument for better facilities, coaching and game time at a higher level (even if only on loan). I’d say it’s worked out for players like Beadle, Ramazani and Sarmiento so far. Even Burstow would arguably say he’s progressed more than he would have done with us.

I get all those arguments at 16/17. Not at 14.  Beadle, Ramazani and Sarmiento all stayed until 17 I believe then signed their first contracts elsewhere.