Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wednesday Referee

The Referee is Oli Langford for the game against Nottingham Forest. He refereed the first leg away at Doncaster in the play offs. Not a great referee in my opinion. If anyone wants to see what he is like tune into the Chelsea game. The referee is stuck in traffic and Langford who was 4th official now has to referee his first ever Premier league game at last minute notice. He has never used VAR before. Could be an interesting one!!! 😊

Comments

• The Referee is Oli Langford for the game against Nottingham Forest. He refereed the first leg away at Doncaster in the play offs. Not a great referee in my opinion. If anyone wants to see what he is like tune into the Chelsea game. The referee is stuck in traffic and Langford who was 4th official now has to referee his first ever Premier league game at last minute notice. He has never used VAR before. Could be an interesting one!!! 😊
    That's ridiculously amateurish! 

2 teams, their staff and 40k fans can make it on time but the ref can't.
  • Christ this guy has been poor so far.
  • edited August 2019
    Watching this guy he looks too far away from play too often. Just seems to hover around the centre circle most the time. 
  • Talal said:
    Watching this guy he looks too far away from play too often. Just seems to hover around the centre circle most the time. 
    Yep just like a Sunday league ref.
  • thought the ref at Donny was good.
  • Chizz said:
    The Referee is Oli Langford for the game against Nottingham Forest. He refereed the first leg away at Doncaster in the play offs. Not a great referee in my opinion. If anyone wants to see what he is like tune into the Chelsea game. The referee is stuck in traffic and Langford who was 4th official now has to referee his first ever Premier league game at last minute notice. He has never used VAR before. Could be an interesting one!!! 😊
    That's ridiculously amateurish! 

2 teams, their staff and 40k fans can make it on time but the ref can't.
    Oh come on, be fair! Have you ever had to drive through packed London traffic? When it's really busy? And you have to have the driver's window open, so you can tap the road with your white stick? It's not easy. 
    It sounds like he was stuck on the motorway where there was a huge accident today apparently. 
  • Talal said:
    I remember old Ernie from the Brockley and District League, he never left the centre circle and I am sure he was only a few years away from having to use a Zimmer frame. But he always had a smile on his face and could see more than some refs half his age.
  • muppetman said:
    Talal said:
    I remember old Ernie from the Brockley and District League, he never left the centre circle and I am sure he was only a few years away from having to use a Zimmer frame. But he always had a smile on his face and could see more than some refs half his age.

I always thought he was a bit of a muppet.....