Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Suzi's Glastonbury Report

I've been waiting to hear tales of mud and music from our resident muso. let's have a review Ms Sausage

Also hear TrickyRicky's sis was there but I doubt if you met

Comments

• Options
    oooh you might have to wait till tomorrow. a> i won't be so busy, b> i'll be able to recall some bands that i saw, at the moment, i can only remember 2
  • Options
    hope to hear that you done a few power slides through the mud!!
  • Options
    unfortunately not. i managed to stay standing throughout. hurrah for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]unfortunately not. i managed to stay standing throughout. hurrah for me.

What's that all about ,it's a bit like going to Ibiza & not getting caned on drugs :-)
  • Options
    Best band I saw was Iggy Pop and the Stooges, The Who came second.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    not really a report, but list of bands i managed to spot and a bit about it.

thursday night in the queens head a bar/pub by the 'other' stage i saw/heard captain. bit of a surprise, and no one knew their stuff, but lovely harmonies had me and my brother singing along like the carpenters!

friday
    woke up to adjagas which were fookin' awful. made our hangovers worse
    then saw the view who were great and cheerful. i seem to recall it stopping raining at this point!
    then went to other stage to watch the cribs who look about 12 years old, then back to pyramid to see amy winehouse. watched her from the tent. could see her hair through the trees. then back to the other stage for super furry animals who were amazing, then the coral, then the highlight of the whole festival rufus wainwright, who did a duet of halleiluia with his sister martha and then put on earrings, lipstick and stilettos and danced around the stage singing judy garland's 'get happy'. not much could top that, and arcade fire sadly failed, whether it was because it was so crowded i was on my own as couldn't get back to meet friends or whether their sound was lost in a big arena, it was sadly a bit disappointing, compared to recent small gigs anyway. then went back to pyramid to watch arctic monkeys, the sound was pants, and can't say i enjoyed them that much.
    headed to a 'saloon' bar to watch reverand and the makers, and then erol alkan dj. was a good night but a hard journey home in the mud at 4am.

saturday
    can't remember much as was so knackered but first band we saw were the pipettes, who were great. 8 of us took our camping chairs down to the pyramid to dance around polka-dot-gay-as-you-like happy stylee! brought many smiles to many people who had never heard of them. headed over to other stage to catch the end of brakes, and then the long blondes. the lead singer started ugly as sin, but by the end was stunning! god knows how it happened! biffy clyro were on next, and can't say i enjoyed that. i found a random camping chair and sat down! css were up next, and didn't think i knew their stuff but was told they were worth hanging around for. a half japanese half south american little lady, with a sparkly pink and yellow unitard on danced and sang around till she stripped off into a nude colour unitard and sang a bit more then jumped into the crowd. i knew about 4 songs in the end, and it was quality entertainment for 3pm! headed back towards the pyramid stage and saw lily allen do her thing. terry hall came out and they sang a duet, which was fantastic. listened (and fell asleep to) paulo nutini at the tent. went back down to watch weller, then got lost trying to find a friend for the kooks, caught up with other friends for editors which i was strangely impressed by, and then southend addick sent me a scandalous rumour which as i had nothing better to watch i went to check out only to be bitterly disappointed! 'special guest' was not noel gallagher as southend addick had suggested but in fact hard fi. left the tent promptly with my beer and headed back to the tent for a little chill whilst listening to the killers, who had the crowd rocking. walking back past the southend addick scandalous rumour tent i heard 'cash machine' and continued walking.
    ended up heading up to lost vagueness a weird area for everything and everything. les_says got stuck in the mud outside the fatboyslim ballroom so only caught/heard a glimpse of him. found somewhere selling rum cocktails so supped them up and headed back to the safety of our gazebo.

sunday
    waking up a bit later i missed 3 bands i wanted to see (the holloways, the enemy, sunshine underground) which i'd heard great things about. made it finally to the other stage to watch cold war kids, then get cape wear cape fly who blew me away, and then to the john peel stage to watch the young knives. i missed both songs of theirs i knew going to the bar. headed back to the pyramid catching shirley bassey singing I am what i am, as we headed back to get on the warm clothes and the camping chairs for the long night ahead. set up camp for the manic street preachers, followed by kaiser chiefs and stayed still in the rain for the who.
  • Options
    i feel worn out just reading all that!!
  • Options
    buckshees report

wednesday

Drive , arrive , sun , tent up , bulmers , joint , more bulmers , drugs , more bulmers , stone circle , stagger back , rain.

Thursday

Rain , mud , drink , food , more drink , joints , more drink .

Friday

Rain , mud , drink , bands , more mud , salloon 55 , more mud , lost vagueness with a swan and a dinosaur , bed .

Saturday

Rain , mud , rain , mud , rain , mud , drink , drugs , stonebridge.

Sunday

Rain , mud , rain , rain , rain , traditional glasto coldsore (got one all 9 glasto's I've been to , never get them any other time) , more rain , bed.

Monday

RAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAIN! leave most of our belongings there including a £200 tent.

Already can't wait for next year

when I go to benecassim festival in the sun in spain and stay in a villa.
  • Options
    Sounds great buckshee, shame you didn't see any bands?
  • Options
    Sorry about the rumour Suz, thought you said it was Madness though?

Thursday

Smashed all day, Queens Head for Simian Mobile Disco, Dance Tent, passed out, stumbled towards Stone Circle to see sun come up, made it as far as Welfare Tent, collapsed.

Friday

Smashed all day, John Peel early doors for a band my mate manages (Look See Proof), Supper Furrys and Coral were quality, more drugs and then KASABIAN who were quite simply awesome, probably my second fav band behind Oasis now.

Saturday

Smashed all day, Queens Head early doors for Lea Shores as it was raining, Klaxons at 5, Weller and Editors who I didnt think I like but would now buy their album. Didnt bother with the headliners went to the Dance Tent instead and saw a character from The Bill who was absolutely off his tits. Got smashed up in there and back to a rave up in Lost Vagueness, totally broken.

Sunday

Woke up late morning, made an effort to watch Sunshine Underground and Cold War Kids, didnt like the latter, then got smashed before Shirley, Manics and Kaisers (all good). Dance Tent for Coldcut and Carl Cox even though I wanted to see Chemicals but it was raining.

Woke up Monday in a puddle, broken and then sat in a car park for 9 hours with the hump.

In summary, loved it but would be 10 times better and easier without the mud. Not sure how Mr Eavis can say it was the best thing ever. He needs to spend some of his vast fortune on employing stewards who know what they are doing and putting something in the car park to stop cars getting stuck. He is a legend for basically organinsing a bloody good party in a field in the middle of nowhere though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Sorry about the rumour Suz, thought you said it was Madness though?

no, i knew madness were playing, but up at lost vagueness. they were on in the ballroom at 10pm just before fat boy slim. the place was rammed apparently.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reports. Just shows me how few current bands I've even heard of let alone heard. Did either of you see the Specials with Keith Allen's daughter? Saw it on TV.

So which Rufus Wainwright Album/s should I download as a starter.
  • Options
    yes, i saw it, was excellent!

urm, dunno the names of them, but get one with "art teacher" and "oh what a world" on. superb songs.
  • Options
    when I go to benecassim festival in the sun in spain and stay in a villa.

See you there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]Best band I saw was Iggy Pop and the Stooges, The Who came second.

iggy and the stooges were definitely the best thing i saw all weekend. some space cadet i was with managed to get on stage when loads stormed up during 'no fun', fantastic moment.

reverand and the makers night time set in saloon 55 was another highlight - and it was f**kin dry in there!