Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World record for consecutive wins

Corinthians have equalled the world record for the number of consecutive wins by a top-flight side.

The Brazilian side beat Ferroviaria 4-0 on Sunday to claim their 27th straight win in all competitions.

The record was held by Welsh Premier League side The New Saints (TNS).

TNS broke Ajax's 44 year old record in December 2016, but Corinthians can set a new record by beating Sao Jose at home on Wednesday.

The league leaders have scored 95 goals in their winning run since 26 March, and conceding only eight.

Now for the catch. This is Corinthians women's side!! Now is it just me or should this not really count? Just leave it as a women's record. You cannot put mens and women's records together.

Comments

• Options
    Chizz, meet Sidzz. You've both got competition
  • Options
    It was like during the womens World Cup, can't remember the Brazil ladies name but the commentator said 'if she scores shes will overtake Ronaldo as the highest scoring World Cup star' or something like that.

Can't be comparing womens and mens stats like for like, especially this brazilian lady and the legend that is R9.

• Options
    It was like during the womens World Cup, can't remember the Brazil ladies name but the commentator said 'if she scores shes will overtake Ronaldo as the highest scoring World Cup star' or something like that.

Can't be comparing womens and mens stats like for like, especially this brazilian lady and the legend that is R9.

I believe you're on about Marta, who is possibly the greatest female footballer of all time. Six Player of the Year nods would certainly indicate that.

I understand the attempts to be inclusive about such records, but it's still worth making the distinction in my opinion (and most of you know that I'm a pretty lefty liberal egalitarian bleeding heart). This is due to myriad factors - the current disparities between developed and less developed women's footballing nations (USA/Thailand, or even Germany Argentina few years back, as examples); that in individual sports there are distinctions between men's and women's WRs; that sort of thing.

But it's wrong to completely rubbish this sort of equation. After all, the basic parameters of the game remain the same regardless of whether it's men's or women's football. "What next, Subbuteo" is the comment of someone who's fallen for the "ooh feminism bullshit" dog whistle.
  • Options
    I thought this sought after record belonged to Huddersfield .. who then did the double by losing about 50 on the bounce ((:>)
  • Options
    Hi @Chris_from_Sidcup - who has the most consecutive Wimbledon singles tennis titles? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Martina Navratilova won six on the trot - BUT the women only play best of three sets (yet still get the same money as the men)

Otherwise both Borg and Federer have won five on the trot.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Hi @Chris_from_Sidcup - who has the most consecutive Wimbledon singles tennis titles? 
    Men singles or women’s singles ?

two different games played under different rules. 

Cant compare the two events.