Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Nottingham Forest | Wed 21 August | MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Very happy their best player isn't playing
  • Options
    Really don’t understand why he has changed the starting lineup from the last two games. Field must have been incredible in training since the cup game. Jonny Williams on the bench! Is he injured?
    I'm sure I heard on Sunday's Charlton Live that the Barnsley match was the first full game that Willo had played for us since he joined.

If he had to play another match so soon he'd be blowing out of his arse midway through the first half!

Save him for the next game on Saturday.
  • Options
    Forest will be expecting Williams to start and arranged a game plan to nullify him ... now they have to think again?

I trust in LB. 
  • Options
    Seems an odd line-up, but I guess we've got the depth to make some changes now (hopefully)
  • Options
    Big big risk.
    Especially in a derby game.
  • Options
    Come on you reds! 3 points tonight
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Forest will be expecting Williams to start and arranged a game plan to nullify him ... now they have to think again?

I trust in LB. 
    Left out Lolley to bring in a player to mark Jonny?  :)
  • Options
    Bow has had 2 weeks already to watch Field in training - remember, he sees them train every day.

Seems a lot of changes in one go, though - fingers crossed, it works out fine.
  • Options
    Lolley has a foot injury he received in their last game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does Bow realise this is a league game and not some mickey mouse cup?  ;)

We'll see. 

• Options
    No JFC maybe allowed out on loan for match fitness 
  • Options
    If you've got a squad the point is to use it by choice before you're forced. Taking out a 34 year old midfielder and a player with a history of severe injury issues makes sense. Shame Hemed isn't on the bench but I understand why. Once he and Kayal come in Bowyer is going to have a genuine selection headache, which is great. Feel like game 4 is a good acid test for how your season's going; win and we're unbeaten in 4 with 10 points. Lose and we're hoping that the first two results can be repeated quickly to perk us up again. Fingers crossed for three points!
  • Options
    Pearce dropped !! .. surprise .. must be for Sarr's supposed greater ability in the air, unless of course Pearce is not fully fit .. Williams ? too fragile for three games a week ? .. good luck to Sam Field, he's coming into a difficult game. 
  • Options
    Wonder if there is any contractual obligation to play the loanees if fit?
  • Options
    Naby in at cente half.  No protection from Pratley.  I can't see how this ends well but here's hoping !
  • Options
    Really don’t understand why he has changed the starting lineup from the last two games. Field must have been incredible in training since the cup game. Jonny Williams on the bench! Is he injured?
    I'm sure I heard on Sunday's Charlton Live that the Barnsley match was the first full game that Willo had played for us since he joined.

If he had to play another match so soon he'd be blowing out of his arse midway through the first half!

Save him for the next game on Saturday.
    Impact sub.
  • Options
    Lyle captain. Interesting and good call
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pearce dropped !! .. surprise .. must be for Sarr's supposed greater ability in the air, unless of course Pearce is not fully fit .. Williams ? too fragile for three games a week ? .. good luck to Sam Field, he's coming into a difficult game. 
    Or change of game plan?

Naby's got a passing range on him ...... maybe we'll be hoping to use that to good effect tonight.
    Which could mean 3 x CB and wing backs.

Hope we don't miss the old warrior Pearce too much though - trust Lockyer is a good organiser at the back!

• Options
    From the Forest forum:

"concerned how we're going to deal with the likes of Leko/Taylor in behind or on the break. Can see them causing us real issues there with how susceptible we are defending counter attacks. Looking at Charlton's line up, they've deliberately gone with a very mobile midfield and forward line"
  • Options
     Injury prone players rested. Doesn't seem to bad.

This lot should be capable enough
  • Options
    Wonder if there is any contractual obligation to play the loanees if fit?
    Possibly in the match day squad ..... but every manager knows a player gets selected on merit.

He will first need a chance though to do that - then it's up to the loan player to justify his place in the starting 11.

Rule One: If he doesn't perform well, then he's liable to be dropped.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Or change of game plan?

Naby's got a passing range on him ...... maybe we'll be hoping to use that to good effect tonight.
    Which could mean 3 x CB and wing backs.

Hope we don't miss the old warrior Pearce too much though - trust Lockyer is a good organiser at the back!

brand new defence and midfield .. he's giving the squad a right good chance to make a name for themselves .. also 'nursing' along a few of the older, more fragile brigade I should think .. Come on you Addickssssaaaaahhhhhh
  • Options
    Hadn’t realised Semedo was still with them. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Must be one of the youngest sides we have played for a while.....

Nobody over the age of 30.

gallagher - 19
    Field - 21
    Leko - 20
    Cullen - 23

Oldest defender Naby at 26
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Hadn’t realised Semedo was still with them. 
    different Semedo .. there are a few of them about ((:>)
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me what channel number sky sports action is? Or is it just red button?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!