Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alan Curbishley Interview

On this weeks The Football Ramble podcast. Curbs talks about being out of the game for so long, his playoff win and a hell of a lot more et cetera....

https://play.acast.com/s/footballramble/9dc7cc3a-ffcd-471b-9f57-a49d2fe62ad4

Comments

• That’s all he ever talks about, how many times can one listen to the same stuff?

#justsaying.
  • Move on Alan
  • Is Alan still on Gardening leave from West Ham ?

If so he could give Monty Don and Alan Titchmarsh a run for their money !
  • Saw him at the game last night , Mick Mcarthy was a couple of rows infront of him aswell.
  • shine166 said:
    Move on Alan
    You do realise that there is an interviewer asking him such questions, right?
  • Praps   
  • edited August 2019
    That’s all he ever talks about, how many times can one listen to the same stuff?

#justsaying.
    It's an hour long interview where he talks about a few topics which the interviewer sets. I actually enjoyed listening to it, just that I didn't think people on here would be too happy if it had been advertised as "Alan Curbishley Interview in which he talks about West Ham"
  • Was really excited to listen to it - was quite interesting, but not sure what else I felt like I wanted from it? Was astonished at how many times he said "et cetera" - not totally sure he knows what it means.
  • edited August 2019
    He can say what he likes as many times as he likes , complete Charlton legend
    what that man done for our club is nothing short of a miracle
    and he has the freedom of The Valley for life
    I don’t question that, he was brilliant for us and I think the game has missed his contribution.

Im just suggesting how often can one listen to the same story.

I wish he was back managing but I guess after all this time it’s unlikely unless he drops his standards, at the same time why should he, he’s certainly proved himself!
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a good interview and I enjoyed listening to it, but the bloke asking questions didn't really get the best out of it.

Basically....what we assumed....is pretty much what Alan confirmed.

A few things made me laugh....but then West ham and the England job interviews take over the conversation and it doesn't really end up being that insightful.

The 1st 30mins are good.
  • My favourite bit was;

"I knew Bowyer was going to be a player when he was a kid in the academy.
    He would practice finishing .. miss the target by hitting it miles over the bar....but then run after the ball and attempt to jump the que"
  • Move on

😉
  • Getting bored with Llewellyn now... 
  • edited August 2019
    cafctom said:
    shine166 said:
    Move on Alan
    You do realise that there is an interviewer asking him such questions, right?
    Ah that's how an interview works ??

• edited August 2019
    Keep in mind this interview is for a much wider audience than just Charlton fans.

To us it may sound like things we've heard before but that's because we've listened to them all before.
    For the general football fan it's likely to contain a lot of new stuff.
  • Keep in mind this interview is for a much wider audience than just Charlton fans.

To us it may sound like things we've heard before but that's because we've listened to them all before.
    For the general football fan it's likely to contain a lot of new stuff.
    For the record 'move on Alan' was a joke. Hes obviously a club legend and understandably some people are very protective of him. 
  • He can say what he likes as many times as he likes , complete Charlton legend
    what that man done for our club is nothing short of a miracle
    and he has the freedom of The Valley for life
    We should be saying the exact words about Richard Murray ?
    But that was Richard Murray Part one before the adverts.
    Richard Murray part two appeared to be Tricky Dicky who was a different beast entirely.

• That’s all he ever talks about, how many times can one listen to the same stuff?

#justsaying.
    What do you want him to talk about? Chewing etiquette?
  • He's featured in the latest episode of 'Quickly Kevin, will he score?', released today.

A good listen if you have the time - available below, and on iTunes etc:

https://play.acast.com/s/quicklykevin/741db667-3bd5-41a8-a303-1e12884efec4